Chapter 19

The Masquerade Ball is at full swing but  Alex can’t make himself go out there and be surrounded by all those beautiful women.

Maybe in another lifetime he would have savored every minute of it. Revel in the fact that women love him. But the question is…do they really? Love him? Do they love the kind of character that makes the man behind that title or they only love the man because he’s with one?

Maybe in another lifetime…a lifetime before Mia…he would have basked in the company of these women who are that so eager to marry a total stranger…for the sake of a title.

At the thought of her, he felt sad and angry at the same time. Blasted rules! For once in his life, he finally met the woman who fascinates, intrigues, and simply amazes him. Although, he still has to make a lot of convincing so she will finally believe that he's not chasing her to his bed. 

Ever since that night, she has avoided him the best that she could. Unfortunately, her actions only fueled his desire to see her.

Whether she likes it or not, she will have to hear him out.

Alex said to himself…

“This castle isn’t that big enough Mia. You will eventually run out of places to hide from me.”

He started searching every rooms…trying his best to remain unseen. He can hear some of the women talking and wondering of his whereabouts.

A group of women were fanning themselves as they stood somewhere near where Prince Alex remained hidden.

“Where on earth is Prince Alex?! We all have been asked to wait and we have been doing that for an hour! This waiting business is melting my make-up!” one woman whined who is elegantly dressed in a red sparkling gown.

The other woman who looks so beautiful in her yellow and gold gown threw the woman who first spoke a haughty look…

“OMG! You’re complaining about your make-up when I can hardly breathe in this tight dress! I swear my mother is trying to kill me slowly! Demanding that I wear this gown! But…sacrifices have to be made you know. Appearances is all that matter. And I am certain that I look delicious enough for Prince Alex.”

The third woman pouted like a child and stomped her foot a little. With a shrill voice demanded that the two women shut up…

“You two actually think you have a chance with Prince Alex?? OMG! You’re not only desperate but obviously very delusional! He only needs a real woman and that means me!”

Alex rolled his eyes to the flow of conversation he was hearing. He couldn’t believe that he actually liked the company of the likes of these women. Groaning silently, he started to walk away from the silly bickering when he heard one of them say…” Hey, servant girl…come here.”

When suddenly, there was a screech and something that went clattering on the floor...

“You clumsy idiot!” one woman screeched. “Look what you did to my dress!”

Then another fuming voice said…” Are you blind or just stupid?! But then lowly servants like you usually are!”

Then another sneering voice joined…”Girls, what do you expect from a commoner like her? Not only are they stupid but they are so ugly! Ugh! Look at the rags she’s wearing! Shoo! You must also smell bad from the way you look. Shoo!”

Alex's heartbeat started to race when he heard another voice…

“I apologize for the dress. But you call me stupid again and I will…”

He suddenly stepped out of the shadows and with a smile only meant for one lone woman…

“Ladies…being bullies doesn’t become you.”

All women except for one turned and promptly gasped then shrieked loudly…

“OMG! Prince Alex!”

At the sound of the girlie screams, Mia rolled her eyes and mimicked the actions of the women…

Which made Alex sigh out loud and say…” Oh, I love you…”

 “We love you too!” screamed back the three women before attacking the Prince with their kisses.