You Can Call Me Eve[ON HOLD]

So hey hey hey people! Here it is, the very first installment of my first Wattpad book. This was actually a descriptive essay for my English Language class but I thought, meh...what the heck? This could be good. So read, Comment, Vote, leave suggestions and all them other stuffies.

Thank ya luvs and I'll write more soon

Noki

The day was fading with each passing moment. The red- orange light filtering through the leaves of the trees decorated the forest floor like leopard spots. It was the only light I had as I ran, heart pounding, through the otherwise darkness of the foliage. The grass leapt out at me from every direction, cutting my skin like knives.

As I tuned out the loud pounding of my bare, aching and scarred feet against the forest floor and the even louder pounding of my heart; I realized that I was surrounded by silence. The silence was deafening, almost unnerving, as if I were the only one in the forest, in the world...the only being to ever have existed. How completely ironic although I would prefer the maddening solitude of life alone to the life threatening situation that was now staring at me; glaring into the very depths of my being.

But all the same, the silence was worrying.

How do I put it?

Even if I wasn't running for the preservance of my meager existence, the wild animals should be everywhere, eagerly tripping over themselves to get out of my path. And yet the only forms of life were the strange shapes scuttling into the shadows where the eye could not reach. And the fading light was making it increasingly harder for me to see my way.

And then, just like that, out of the blue black darkness, large silver teardrops began falling as if at the exact moment I was sure my demise was growing closer and Brother Death was breathing my name; the sky began to pour it's anguish down upon Mother Earth as if lamenting some long-lost romance, turning the forest into an inescapable dungeon of blinding rain and muddy earth that seemed with each step to pull me down into the cold but comforting arms of eternal darkness.

I could practically feel her eyes burning into the very being of the head of security, her tall elegant form tensed with anger."You let him escape?!" She shrieked incredulously. He shifted nervously, his eyes floor ward, avoiding her gaze. The effect was almost comical, as this was no recently rebuked five year old standing before her, but rather a heavily muscled ex wrestler well over 250 pounds. His bald head shone under the florescent white light of the office. His dark skin made darker still by the black uniform he wore. He mumbled something incoherently.

"What did you say?" She asked icily.

"It couldn't be helped Your Majesty." He muttered " He knocked the wi-"

"Don't. Call me that."

"I-I'm sorry." He apologized, trying to slowly back out of the room.

"Must you scare the men, darling?" The calm, silky voice came from a slender figure seated in the cushiony depths of a chair behind the clear glass table. He was smoking a thin cigar, the rings of smoke floating up, beyond his slicked back black hair to form halos above his head.

She turned, her pale blond hair whipping the air, an angry retort at her lips. "He was simply calling you by your proper title, Your Highness," He continued smoothly, stressing the last two words and looking calmly at her as she strode towards him, her heels clicking against the floor like castanets.

"We," she said angrily, "are not royalty here. And you, my dear husband are just as aware of that as I am. Or has this corrupt modern world skewed your memory?" She sneered slamming her hands upon the desk as the head of security slinked out the door. "No ," he chuckled darkly, " but it certainly has, as this generation calls it, messed with yours, my love. Or have you forgotten it was you who pushed us through that foul contraption and into this even fouler world in the first place? If I remember correctly, you were in search of 'adventure'."