Undone: [Sixteen]

A short notice thingy- there's a 'chapter' before this and I'm not sure whether or not you've read it, so just a little notice.

Nick (did you miss him? :P)

Max was Jerry; I was Tom. Having spent the evening wondering why he’d just run off- I was certain he’d heard me, and had known it was me, and the morning trying to get him to talk to me, I decided to get a little help.

“Hey, I’m just saying.” Rodney’s hands were up in the air as though he were surrendering.

His boyfriend’s face reddened. “Shut up!” he hissed. “Nobody’s going to, shut up!”

“They are,” Rodney insisted, leaning down closer to whisper in his ear, “I know I am.”

“Yeah?”

“Yup. All day long.”

“Consider it a one-time thing then.”

The taller boy wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s waist. “Come on, don’t be like that.”

“You were the one complaining about others!”

“Yeah, well, then I guess I’d best make it clear you’re mine.” He leaned forward to kiss Ryan’s hair, then started to turn him around to place another on his mouth.

Ryan’s face was hot.

“Uh, guys? This a good time?”

He jumped.

“Nick! You scared me!”

“Now’s okay?”

“Yeah, yeah,” his face was still red- had Nick seen that? “Why would you think it wasn’t?”

“Oh, I don’t know, it looked like things were happening.” He teased, and Ryan’s face reddened further.

“Rodney was being stupid.”

That earned him a vehement protest. “I was not! Don’t you think those jeans would make people look at his ass?”

Ryan smacked the taller boy. “Shut up!”

Nick was about to add on, just to tease his friend, but then he remembered what it had been he’d interrupted the two for. “I wanted to know if you guys had seen Max.”

Ryan turned his attention to his friend. “Not really, why?”

“Did something happen? ‘Cause I swear he’s been avoiding us all morning.”

Nick nodded. “Yeah, I think he’s avoiding me, too, it’s why I asked if you’d seen him.”

“What happened?”

“There’s this guy – his name’s Leo. Have you heard of him?”

“Not really, why?”

“I don’t know, exactly, but he looks a hell lot like John,” he grimaced, “and was his lab partner too. I tried to catch up to him but he just ran away.”

Rodney relaxed. A newfound protectiveness had started to form over their missing friend, and the news was alarming, but this was alright. “He probably doesn’t want to talk about it.”

Nick wasn’t convinced. He knew his best friend, and this wasn’t like him. Even if he didn’t want to get into a discussion about how he was, a topic that had much content, recently, he wouldn’t avoid him like this. “I think something’s up.”