new story

I stared at the mirror in the new bathroom of my new home at the start of my new life, I was sore and tired and just wanted to go back to bed but it was the first day of my new school and I was being made to go. the bruises had probably faded while I was sleeping last night but there were still a couple lingering on my skin. It all looked the same, same black hair that sat annoyingly in the same blue eyes, but it was different somehow, all of it was different yet everything was the same. I walked downstairs struggling with the school tie it was a simple black tie with thin white stripes on it, the rest of the uniform was just a white button up shirt and black dress pants, "let me do that" said lily as she walked over to me and undid my tie "I was doing fine with it" I grumbled as she started to do it up again properly "of course that’s why it looked like you were going to strangle it"

"you can't strangle a tie" I said dully, she rolls her eyes taking a step back

"there, ready to go?"

"i guess so" I say with a shrug and grab my bag slinging it over one shoulder.

 The first two periods was basically walking around finding all the teachers I had with some random student who's name I hadn't bothered to remember and getting them to sign a piece of paper after that was lunch and I had to try and find a place to sit. not many students had come out of class yet and I sat at one of the benches near the art corridor a large group of students started to meet there and some kind of ball game started, one girl sat a little away from the game reading, her hair was so short it had to be growing back from being shaved, she had pale blue eyes, she had two piercings in each ear and wore bright red glasses, every so often she would look up and make some comment or laugh at her friends getting hit by the ball. I found myself watching the game, after a while one of the guys got out and stayed out of the game, a girl that was playing went to talk to him probably to convince him to continue playing and the girl reading looked up at them. she must have sensed me watching because she turned her head to look at me, she watched me unsure if she should introduce herself or remain where she was. she decided to stay there, the other girl did not, she walked straight over to me and the guy followed.

 I look at the two with disinterest "hey I'm Georgia, you must be the new kid, Cayden right?" she said she literally radiated confidence and that alone was annoying

 "yeah" I say a little suspicious of how she already knew my 'name'

 "we're in the same maths class" she says "I saw you come in first period" maths 1 really? That seemed doubtful as her skirt was so short if she bent over even slightly you would see her underwear, her make up was a little much and she wore boots instead of school shoes, her boyfriend was a little better but not by much, he looked like an idiot with his cap on backwards. it was doubtful either of them did much work, "oh really? I must have missed you" I say hoping to put her off, apparently it didn’t work. the bell rings "what class do you have next" the boy asks he sounded like a nice person but his hat was putting me off, I pull out my time table and it was immediately taken off me "excuse me" I say to Georgia "but I believe that’s mine"

"you have drama with me next" she says ignoring me, great another hour with this bitch

"well i don't know where I'm going so lead the way" I say.

 I looked over noticing the girl with the book had already left for class, I follow the boy and Georgia to the drama room the boy then turned and headed to his own class. The drama room was underneath the hall, the walls were black with posters up of different theatre productions and drama techniques. the girl with the book sat on the floor on her own. like all the girls in the class she watched me as I walked in her eyes full of curiosity. Georgia sat not that far away from her with another girl who was far to skinny and had red streaks in her blonde hair, "hey Cayden come sit with us" Georgia called after the teacher had asked for silence. I sat down in the space between Georgia and the girl with the book Georgia and her friends were rambling on about something unimportant and trying to get me to join in with the conversation . The teacher told the class to get into groups of four. everyone seemed to already have groups they had worked out at the start of the year and didn’t seem to want to change the groups. I watched as the girl with the book walked up to the teacher apparently someone from her group had moved schools a month ago and she still didn’t have someone to make up the numbers, I decided this was my chance to introduce myself, I got up and went over to the teacher "miss, I don’t exactly have a group" I say