[48] Late Night Talks

Avery Holmes

  I woke up to the sound of screaming. Not just anyone screaming, my own screaming.

  I quickly silenced myself, my chest rising and falling rather quickly. My bedroom was dark and terrifying and I didn't want to be alone. I only realized a few moments later, when Niall rushed to my side, that I wasn't alone.

  "Baby," He cooed, sliding into the big bed with me. "Shh, I'm here." I scooted over to give him some more room, my hands trembling. I wasn't even sure why I had been crying the way I was, it seemed like everything was foggy and confusing.

  "I'm here now." Niall said, pressing his warm lips against my cool forehead. I could feel him pull me in close and I sighed, relaxing into his chest. He smelled really good, something that I had missed when I was kidnapped by Jake and his crew.

  "Where's Aimee and the others?" I asked, sitting up a bit. Niall tried to gently push me back down so that I lied beside him and I did. 

  "Across the street is a hotel that they're staying at." Niall informed me, running his fingers through my tangly hair. It must've been some time in the middle of the night, because all I could see was the darkness, and it scared me now more than ever.

  "How much longer?" I asked. "How much longer do I have to stay here?"

  "Well," I could see him lick his lips. "Since you've technically been here for a full two days now, the doctors don't think that there's anything wrong with you in here." I felt a tap on my head. "I'll try and pull some strings and get us outta here today."

  "What time is it now?"

  "Four-ish." Niall said. "And you need your rest. Tomorrow's gonna be a big day." I raised my eyebrow, now a bit more awake than before. In fact, I wasn't sure if I was able to go back to bed now.

  "Why?"

  "Because," Even in this dark, I could see him flash a wild grin. "We're going on a road trip." I groaned, flopping back on my pillow, the stupid beeping of my heart monitor faltering a bit. Niall looked over at it worriedly, but that's because he was extra cautious about everything.

  "I don't want to go on a road trip." I complained. "Are we back in that bus?"

  "One like it. It's black and has a different interior design. They wanted us to get a different kind because people somehow found out that we were in the last one." He shook his head. "But I promise that this road trip will be a fun one." I raised an eyebrow at him again.

  "How can you be so sure of that, Horan?" I giggled, my tears already starting to dry on my face.

  "Because," There came the wicked grin again. "We're goin' back to Motel 6."

  I laughed, hugging him tightly. Motel 6 was the only place that I felt truly safe anymore, the place that I met the boy I love. It was rather odd, because Motel 6 was such a shabby place and you'd never expect it to be a safe haven for anymore. But, as they say, fate took it's course and decided that Motel 6 was the place we would come to love.

  "So Kate and Jake never actually found the Motel 6." I smiled. "I'm glad for that."

  "Me too." Niall nodded. "The boys don't understand why I love it so much, but there's so many memories there, you know?" I nodded, cuddling back into his chest, too wide awake to even think about sleeping.