Not seeing anyone else about, Angus continued to approach the stream. His rustling passage through brush startled the lass. She froze where she sat and instantly stopped singing.

"No need for fear, lass. I am alone and intend you no harm," Angus purred soothingly.

"Tis not so much fear, sir, as that you startled me. I was certain I was here all alone," she responded as she turned to face him.

Truthfully, she had been half hoping that her nearness to the field of battle and her lack of chaperone or companion would entice one of the men to draw near, but she was amazed by the pure savage warrior that approached her.

His dark and seductive face instantly ignited all of her womanly passions and desires. She was drawn to his eyes first. They were the most striking shade of pale green she had ever seen, like the soft moss that grows on the trees. But there was nothing soft in his eyes, they were full of depth and passion. Outlining them were dark lashes and full dark brows. The total affect took her breath away. The rest of his face was no less pleasing. His nose was strong and attractive. A desirable mouth was framed by a close trimmed beard that accentuated both mouth and jaw. All of this was encircled by a thick flowing mane of rich dark hair. Her mouth watered and then instantly went dry. She almost feared moving, for if she did she might very well act on her strong desires to kiss and taste his marvelous mouth.

She wondered, would he simply throw her down and take her, savagely? Or, would he take the time to seduce her first? She cared not so long as she was blessed to feel the weight and strength of him above her.

In turning to face him, the lass had stirred similar passions in Angus. The soft ivory skin of her face and shoulders were dusted with sweet freckles coaxed out by the sun. Her wavy auburn hair surrounded a lovely face dominated by beautiful dark green eyes. As his eyes wandered on to her full luscious lips, they parted and she licked them as if her mouth had just gone dry. After pausing a moment on her delectable lips, he followed the line of her lovely neck to find the mounds of two full and firm breasts rising above the plaid.

He wanted her. He needed release. But would she give as much as she would take? Would she just lay there whimpering, waiting for it to be over? Or would she revel in such passions? As much as he needed that release, he needed her to be untamed and unashamed even more. He would be savage and take all that he could, but he intended to find out first how much she would give.

Her hands were resting in her lap along with a cake of soap and a shirt she had been scrubbing. The corner of Angus' mouth curled in a wicked little half smile as he spied the soap and decided what to do. He swiftly closed the distance between him and the lass and snatched the soap from her hands.

"I'll be needing that if you don't mind, lass," he said as he gave her a full and devastating smile.

The lass just sat there continuing to stare without so much as twitching a muscle.

With his prize in hand, Angus approached the edge of the water just downstream of the girl's wash. T'wouldn't do to go upsetting her about her nice clean things, he thought to himself. Kneeling at the water's edge and keeping an eye on the lass, he began to remove his weapons and carefully clean them. He watched to see if she would try to go back to her washing and ignore him or continue to watch. Unflinchingly, she continued to stare at him openly. She was fascinated as she watched the muscles of his arms and back ripple while caring for his things. Slowly, more and more of his broad, strong chest was revealed.

But that was only the beginning of what he intended to reveal to her. He stood up again in order to remove the belts. The lass had to shift in order to take him in at his full height. As she did, the plaid she was wrapped in slipped a bit. She made no attempt to adjust it, but kept on watching Angus intently. He was now down to just the plaid between her and his hardening manhood. He liked very much that she had not broken her gaze from him. She seemed open and unafraid. Just a little bit more and he would be certain of whether or not she could satisfy him.