Chapters 1-5

“Moonlight Madness”  Book 1

2012 Copyrights All Rights Reserved 

Chapter 1

“You better not embarrass me,” Luca sneered while pointing his bony finger in my face.  At six foot two he towered over me and looked rather imposing with his dark locks of curly hair framing his face and milky chocolate eyes that seemed to stare right through me.   A lot of girls say that he is hot with his perfectly toned abs and sexy as sin face, but as for me, I think he is just another pain in my flabby ass.

Step brothers, God- I hate them. In a perfect world I would have let my panther out and gave her free reign to take a massive chunk out of his jugular.  That would surely show him.  Unfortunately, this isn't the perfect world and my inner Sheba was my lone secret.  If anyone were to find out about what I harbored within then I would probably be institutionalized.  Not even my dear sweet mother is aware of my condition and I have no intent whatsoever of letting her find out either.

After a tense sixty second stare down between Luca and I, I finally conceded knowing that I really has no other choice.  Offering him a fake smile I replied, “Whatever you say master.”

Luca rolled his eyes at me, “You are so stupid.  How are you even related to Marie?“  He stated the question more than asked it referring to my mother who married his father only eight months earlier.  Shoving his hand through his hair he turned away from me and stared out into the night.

Loudly sighing, he then turned back to me and added, “Look, consider your self warned Leah, you embarrass me and I’ll make you wish that you were never born.  Got it?” 

I snorted at the comment, “Like I don’t already wish that anyway.  You look here," I replied crossing my arms over my chest,  "It’s cold and I’m freezing; can we just go in and get this over with.”  I stood there for a second looking down at my feet wishing that I was anywhere but here, at this place.  We were at what was supposed to be the most “happening” party of the year to hear the entire school tell about it and I detested it.  I hated being around these people and I hated being around drunk people even more.  

If it had been up to me then I would have been at home, in my favorite sponge bob jammies curled up on my bed with a good Nora Roberts novel in my hand.  Not at a juvenile senior party where there was too much alcohol, sweat drenched bodies from people getting “jiggy with it” and only God knows what else.  

And to top it all off, my panther tended to get cagey when surrounded by a bunch of strangers and now I was stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.  I'm at this party, with my ass of a step brother because my mom thought that I needed to branch out and socialize some more.  

Luca and I are both polar opposites and he can’t stand me.  The feeling was mutual, I couldn't stand him neither.  He scoffed when mom mentioned that he should let me tag along tonight but with one cursory look from his father, he obliged.

 Now, I’m here in my own personal type of hell. 

“Fine,” he bit out between gritted teeth.  Turning around, he opened the door and walked in with me lagging behind him.   “Just stay hidden somewhere and I’ll text you when it’s time to go.”  

"No problem," I mumbled and nodded when he glanced back over his shoulder at me. Then I watched him walk straight up to some girl with three inch heels and a dress so short that it should have been considered illegal.  Leaning over her, he laid a kiss on her that looked more like he was trying to perform a tonsillectomy on her than woo her.  He had his tongue shoved so far down her throat, I wouldn't be surprised if he could taste what she had for lunch earlier today.