Nathan #imagine

You and Nathan were married and had two beautiful children: Delaney, 6 years old, and John, 3 years old. Nathan was currently on tour now and you were having a hard time. Not because you missed him, even though you did, but because your kids were so young and they didn’t understand where there Daddy was all the time. It hurt you to see their confused little precious faces disappointed because they couldn’t play football with their Daddy.

Today was your anniversary and Nathan wasn’t expected to come home until next week. You woke up in the morning and were devastated to see that Nathan wasn’t by your side, but you knew it would only be one more week until he came home.

You got out of bed and did the regular Saturday morning stuff. You fed the kids breakfast, you washed the dishes, cleaned the laundry, played with your kids, and ran around the house left and right trying to control them.

Finally, it was the late afternoon and you and Delaney and John were sitting on the couch watching some TV together. The phone rang and Delaney jumped up to answer.

“Hello?… Daddy!” Delaney shrieked with excitement. John immediately perked up and ran to the phone to talk to Nathan . They were fighting for time to talk to him, when you came over and snatched the phone from them. You turned it on speaker phone.

“Hey babes? How’s my beautiful family?!” you heard the hurt in Nathan ’s voice. You could tell he missed you and the kids as much as you missed him.

“Good daddy! Guess what?! Today I drew you a picture!” Delaney told her daddy with excitement at her achievement. Delaney told Nathan all about the picture she drew and John told him all about how you weren’t as fun to play football with as Nathan was. You both laughed and then Nathan asked if he could talk to you now. Delaney and John said their goodbyes and scattered away, leaving you with the phone alone. You turned the speaker off.

“Happy anniversary to most beautiful woman in the world. I miss you so much.” Nathan told you. You felt the tears well up in your eyes.

“I miss you too babe. But you’ll be home soon.” you said, trying to be optimistic.

You continued talking about how the tour was going and all the usual funny stories that the boys had whilst on tour. It was time to say goodbye, as Nathan had to get ready for an interview. You told each other you loved each other and then hung up.

Later that evening, the door bell rang while you and the kids were having dinner. As usual, Delaney jumped up and ran to the door while John’s feet pitter-pattered behind her to beat her to it. You heard the door open and then you heard pleased squeals.

“Daddy!” John and Delaney yelled. You shot up out of your seat and ran downstairs to see that Nathan was standing in the doorway. Nathan was holding the kids, one in each arm, kissing them. He looked up and saw you standing with teary eyes and your hands over your mouth in shock. Nathan put the kids down.

“Ok little cheekies, if you go to bed right now then you’ll get your presents first thing in the morning. Deal?!” Nathan told Delaney and John. They quickly agreed and ran to their rooms.

Nathan slowly walked towards you.

“You didn’t actually think I would accept the fact that I wouldn’t see you today, did you?” he told you as he rest his hands on your hips.

“I love you so much.” he whispered as he leaned in for a warm and greatly anticipated kiss. You wrapped your arms around his neck and stroked his hair. You had missed him so much.

He pulled back and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a little blue velvet box. Your eyes widened and he opened the box. Inside was an amazing diamond necklace with a silver heart dangling from it. Engraved in the heart was Nathan ’s name, your name, and the date you two first met.

“Nathan … I—” but before you could express your feelings, he said,

“You are the best thing that’s ever happened to me, Alyssa. I couldn’t imagine being happy without you. You give me feelings that no one else does. You’re the most beautiful woman in the world, and after all these years, I still can’t believe I got so lucky that you picked me out of any man in the world.” He turned you around and clasped the necklace on you. You turned around again to meet his eyes.

“You’re amazing.” Was the only thing you could say. You were at a loss for words. He held you close in his strong and loving arms and kissed you again