ღ Finding Cinderella (SPECIAL CHAPTER)

ღ Finding Cinderella- Special Chapter ღ

Finding Cinderella- Special Chapter

-Tristan-

Senior year was over. Four years of hell had finally ended. No more homework. No more books. No more teachers' dirty looks. Some of my friends were out on road trips, visiting their college campuses, and looking for summer jobs. I had applied to a construction company in the next town last week and would start my internship mid-June. Kylie would be off to her college interview at that time, so before we got busy with our personal matters, we decided to spend time together as much as we could this week.

The TV screen flashed the words, Sub-Zero wins, Fatality, and explosive background music followed. Kylie bounced on the bed, screaming, "Booyah! Another win!" while waving the controller in the air.

"How?" I said in disbelief. I stared at Johnny Cage, my character, all mutilated with his blood and insides scattered on the ground. Sub-Zero was one of the strongest characters, I knew, but I had been confident that I would've had an advantage over her because I'd been playing this game since forever and this was her first time. At least, that's what she had claimed. When I had handed her the controller two hours ago, she was all, "I might be really bad at this, so don't laugh." I had defeated her in the first two rounds, but in the succeeding rounds, I was the one being laughed at.

Maybe this was her way of revenge. The highlight of our graduation program hadn't been us finally receiving our diplomas. Not at all. Instead, it had been Kylie tripping on her heels while she climbed up on the stage. It must have been because of her jittery excitement or some wardrobe malfunction. Whatever the cause had been, her little stunt had made the crowd crack a laugh. Yes, including me. And I hadn't been able to stop myself from bringing that topic up during our nice dinner at a seafood restaurant.

Our families had found it amusing. She hadn't.

"I told you I was just clicking random buttons," she said, giving me an exaggerated pout.

"Nah, there's no way you could make that complicated move just by clicking random buttons. It's either you've made your research on this or someone has taught you." I narrowed my eyes at her. "It was Ryo, wasn't it?" He was a gaming expert in the group. He'd been holding the longest winning streak (27 wins) in Super Smash Bros. since last year when he and the other guys had come over.

"Hmm... he may have given me a tip or two," Kylie said, rolling her eyes to the ceiling to avoid my scrutiny.

"You tricked me!" I said with a little hurt in my voice.

"No. I prefer to call it advanced strategic thinking."

I poked her in the side and she poked me back, and we ended up tickling each other. She fell on the bed and tried to shove my hands away, giggles erupting from her mouth.

"Enough, enough. I'm sorry," she said. "But that doesn't change the fact that I won, though."

Realizing that I was on top of her in a very intimate way, I moved away as casually as I could. "Fine, you win," I said and collapsed on the bed.