Chapter Ten

*** REWRITTEN ***

Life with the Blake Brothers

Chapter Ten

Mason’s POV

We heard the door open as Jayden, Trevor, and Tyler both ran to see Lexi. “We missed you Lexi, where were you?” Trevor asked. Trevor had come to really like Lexi, always wanting to be with her and according to him, she liked him the best. But I highly doubt that that was actually true.

“I was out with my. . . boyfriend.” As soon as the words left her lips my mouth dropped. Lexi, my Lexi, is dating that asshole. He doesn’t deserve to be her boyfriend, nobody does. But Mom jumped up out of the chair she was in and wrapped her arms around her.

“I’m so happy for you sweetheart, we’ll have to talk later. Give the boys some time.” She whispered but we could all hear her. They others were still complaining as I sat there silently, my fist curled in my lap. “Plus there are two anxious friends of yours upstairs in you room, they’ve been there for a while now.” And with that Lexi took off upstairs probably happy to be away from us.

“What the hell?” Oliver said. “How could we have let that happen?”

“It’s not like you boys can be with her twenty-four seven, although we all know you would like to, you can’t control her whole life. Give her some space and support her. If this boy breaks my little girl’s heart then you have my full permission to beat his ass. Are we clear?” Mom said, locking eyes with me and I nodded.

“We got it mom.”

She smiled, “Good, I don’t want to see my baby girl’s heart broken.” Mom has always had a small part for Alexandria, ever since her mother brought her home from the womb. She says that when Lexi was born her father granted her the title of godmother. Lexi doesn’t know and neither does her mother.

I rose from the chair and walked out of the room, not wanting to talk anymore and left the house. Walking around the house and towards the shed, I rested my head on my hands against the wood of the door. Taking a deep breath I took a step back and punched the wood, not hard enough to break it but not soft enough so it wouldn’t hurt. I clutched my hand to my chest and slid my back against the wall until I had my knees against my chest.

She has a boyfriend. That thought kept swirling around my head. She can’t have a boyfriend. We’re married, that has to count for something right? On the other hand, why was she avoiding me? Have I done something? I searched my brain for something that I could have done, but came up short? Did I say something? What was it?

“Punching walls is never the answer to anything.” Xavier said. “It only leads to broken hands and  huge hospital bills.” He tried to joke but I looked up at him coldly and his smirk turned to a frown. “You really like her don’t you?”

“Like who?” I asked.

“Lexi, the reason you came out here in the first place, and punched the fucking shed. Are you that dumb?”

“I don’t like Lexi.” I stated. “She’s a friend and I don’t want her to get hurt.” Did I? Did I like her just as a friend? I wasn’t sure of my words and it looks like Xavier knew that too.

“Are you sure?” he asked before walking away, picking up Tyler from where he sat on the swing and entered the house.

Was I sure? Did I just like her as a friend? I placed my head in my hands and sat there. What was I going to do?

Lexi’s POV

“Tell us everything.” My best friends chorused while pulling me onto the bed and bombarding me with questions. “Was it fun?”

"Where did he take you?

"Do you like him?"

"Did y'all kiss?"

"Was he good at it?"

“Okay, okay. Can I tell you guys now?” I asked and when they nodded I began to tell them word for word what had happened on the date and where he took me. I told him about the waitress and going to the beach, and even the argument about the superheros.

“And, we kissed.” I said earning a squeal from both of my friends. “More than once.” They squealed even louder.

“Tell us.” Jackie demanded and I did, every little juicy detail that they wanted to know. “We came home and the boys know.” I said vaguely. “And they didn’t take it very well.”

“Who cares what they think, when is your next date.” Brittany asked.

“He didn’t say, he just said that he would text me and let me know.” I said just as my phone beeped indicating a text message. The girls squealed as I opened the message and read it aloud. 

Tristan’s POV

Lexi. She was beautiful and sweet and funny. She was absolutely everything I looked for in a girl on the outside and the inside. She was simply the girl of my dreams. I sat in front of her house until she was safely inside, thinking of how it felt when her lips touched mine. She tasted of peppermint candies, something I couldn’t get enough of.

The way she laughed and the way she melted into my arms. The look on her face when she walked on the beach with her toes in the sand. The face she made when she didn’t remember that waitress. She was too cute for her own good.

I was just glad I got to her before any of those Blake boys did. Now she was all mine and I planned on keeping it that way for a long time. I wasn’t going to screw this one up, not again, and that’s a promise.

I took out my phone shooting her a text and mentally preparing for the next time we would see each other. I knew exactly where I wanted to take her and it was going to be perfect.

Lexi’s POV

“Had a great time tonight, hope you did too. Be ready tomorrow at noon, I’ll be there. Wear something comfy, we’ll be out all day! Can’t wait, see you soon.” I read aloud as Jackie and Brittany were crowding me, trying to read it over my shoulders.

“And it ended with a smiley face, oh girl he’s got it bad.” Jackie smiled.

“What are you going to wear tomorrow?” Brittany asked getting up from her spot on the bed and throwing open the doorsto my closet. She ruffled through my clothes, taking them off the hangers and trying to pick out something for a casual date. When she didn't like something, she threw it over her shoulder until she finally came to something she liked.

“Perfect.” She shouted, holding a cute pair of denim shorts and a yellow tank top over her head and carefully setting them on the nightstand next to my bed, before going back to the closet and throwing around my different pairs of shoes, picking up a pair of white pumas and setting them next to the clothes. “Now when we wake up in the morning,”

“Wait, we?” I said, “Who said you could spend the night?’ I joked, struggling to keep a straight face.

“Momma Blake.” They chorused and chuckled.

“Of course.” I muttered.

“So as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted. When we wake up in the morning I will straighten your hair and add little make up. You will be beautiful.” She looked back towards the clothes and nodded, approving them for a second time before taking her spot on the bed and flipping on the television.

“Now, for a small dose of Channing Tatum and we’ll be alright.” She put on the movie Dear John as we all made ourselves comfortable and turned off the light.

**********

Sorry I know it's a little shorter than the rest.

What do you think of Tristan?

Do we like him? Do we hate him?

Let me know.

Comment.

Vote.

Follow Me!