10. I really knew how to pick my best friends.

Transition chapter which means it is short. Next one will be longer, be patient, ladies and gentlemen!

"Girl scouts didn't teach me what to do with emotionally unstable drunk boys." 

 Stephanie Perkins 

Chapter  Ten

"Shhhh!"

"I'm not talking!"

"You're breathing really loud," Jason whispered softly.

"That's you." I retorted. 

We were in the middle of the hallway, walking glued to each other. We'd be the chosen ones to check upstairs. Why us? Well, someone was stupid enough to propose we'd play truth and dare.

And that stupid someone had been me.

Lau had dared me to go upstairs with the chicken of the group who I thought it would be a girl. But as soon as she mentioned chicken, everyone stared at Jason.

I wondered why.

I thought sarcastically. 

Evan protested but rules were rules and I had been the one proposing the game after all.

Jason stopped walking, causing me to bump against his back, "Ow!" I winced, rubbing my nose, "Why are we stopping?"

"Jules," his tone had turned cold and serious.

"What?"

"Don't panic," he slurred the words.

"Why would I panic?" I tried to look over his shoulder but he pushed me back.

"Don't look."

Fear was running free through my veins, I swallowed, "What is it?"

"There's someone standing at the end of the hall," he muttered under his breath, freezing me in the spot.

"Why do you me-mean?" I stuttered. Cowardly, I glanced over Jason's shoulder to take a look at the dark hallway. My heart sped up, my breathing turned as loud as Jason's.

Because there was indeed someone standing at the end of the hallway.

To make it worse, the figure had the window behind him. Every time lighting would show, it marked its tall frame. I couldn't see anything besides its figure. It seemed like the figure of a man but I wasn't too sure.

I swallowed, "Why aren't we running?"

"I can't move, can you?" Jason asked, shooting me a glance over his shoulder.

I shook my head, "I don't think so."

Fear had paralyzed me. I'd always thought I'd run for my life when the moment came but apparently, I was more of the frozen type of person when it came to being scared.

"Hey," Jason waved his hand at the figure.

I slapped his back, "Don't talk to it!"

Jason took a step forwards, "Can we help you?"

"Jason!" I protested, "What are you doing?"

Jason let out a nervous chuckle, "I have no idea."

So it was the panic speaking, not my best friend. The figure tilted his head to the side and started trotting towards us.