Stages of the day.

There is something quite elegant about morning. It comes quietly, slowly, choosing its mood carefully. It is brief in it's life, filled with promise or woe, the morning will bring things to light. It is beautiful and yet dreaded. The most overlooked time of day, either in rush, or by sleep it passes us by unnoticed.

The afternoon is a busy time, our minds befuddled with tasks. Working and toiling and eating at our desks, not a lot of time to reflect. It is a loud time to some, not enough hours for fun. It goes fast, to fast to catch! Before we know it it's time for the next urgent need to be seen to.

What time is it? What will we have for dinner? Who will be there to meet the children coming home from school? The day is waning, the light is changing and still the day is ending with not much to say.

The night is relief and rest, unless the heart in your chest is heavy and broken. The darkness comes as we finish our meals, dishes in the sink, the clink of empty glasses drained of their liquid. Thank the heavens it's home sweet home as we unload our heavy burdens in the privacy of our four walls. The words I can't wait until tomorrow are often spoken, but what of today? It has passed away with barely a blink, a grateful word to all it offered, the beauty, the sun, the rain and the flowers and trees swaying in the wind. Everyday holds something for us all. Be grateful each day for all the majesty that unfolds before you and for the strife the strengthens you.