Chapter Twenty-Two {Seth's POV} *Edited

© Amber Kalkes 2014

*Song Of The Chapter: "Let Go" By Frou Frou

Chapter Twenty-Two: When She Sacrifices Something Big You Have To Notice.

*Seth*

Zane and Ryan dragged me over as Sylvie stood before Alek looking like shit and as beautiful as ever that the same time. I was able to peek up at her to confirm that she looked like she’d had a hell of a time with the blood on her shirt, her arm bleeding, and her hair a mess with sticks and leaves in it. She also looked beautiful like that too though. She looked like a warrior woman, like my warrior woman to be more exact.

A breeze blew across my bare chest and I shivered from it. With all the wolfsbane and silver in my system my usual temp of around a hundred degrees was lower. So now the weather, a cool day as it was, was affecting me more then it should. The wind made the claw marks on my skin also burn a bit from the coldness of it. Despite that I didn’t want to scar Sylvie or make her do something stupid, like try to risk her safety, which she would do.

I loved her but she had zero self-preservation skills.

“Don’t you recognize your mate?” Alek asked, goading her into reaction.

What a piece of shit he was.

My head was yanked up for her to see and I instantly on guard to see tears in her eyes as she took in my state. It pissed me off because it was Alek making her cry. Fuck, did I want to kill him. I wanted him to rip his throat out and make his eat it. I narrowed my eyes at the sight of the claw mark on her arm and wanted to kill every wolf that even looked at her maliciously.  I never wanted anything so much in my life knowing I was in no position to have it. Well I hadn’t felt like that since Sylvie had accepted me. Before that it was pretty much I did, want her all the time consumed me.

Watch our mate, she is planning something.

My wolf brought me out of my thoughts making me pay close attention to Sylvie’s facial expression, I couldn’t read her emotions or the faint like whispers her thoughts usually were to me as I usually could. All the shit they gave me had blocked all my mental sensors off when it came to our bond.

Her face told me one thing pretty quickly and that was that she was pissed off.

She ran her delicious little tongue over her teeth while her eyes narrowed looking at Alek through her hazel orbs. I wanted her to look at me but I knew she was too gone in rage to even think of me right now. She was all about Alek and that had me worried. As I said before my little mate had zero self-preservation.

Sylvie straightened her back as her little hands curled into fists at her side. I would have laughed at the sight if I didn’t feel the air change in the clearing in the woods. Something was different, something not familiar to wolves. I noticed how Ryan and Zane began to get anxious beside me when the air shifted but Alek didn’t seem to notice or care about it. He was too gone in rage.

Much like Sylvie, which was just a recipe for disaster.