chapter 1 (pt2)

Chapter 1 (pt2)

‘Kitten I know you’re here. Come out please I only want to talk,’ vogue called softly as he took his time coming down the corridors.

He inhaled deeply, drawing in her aroma which stained the room like bloody footsteps on white carpet. It was a rich fragrance that reminded him of chocolate and lavender. He’d been anticipating the day he’d have her wrapped around his finger from the day he had been fortunate enough to meet her. He could still remember the look of defiance in her eyes when he’d cornered her on the balcony. He recalls how feminine she was in nothing more than her torn shirt and what remained of her once knee length skirt. That night he’d discovered that her skin was as smooth as silk and as soft as velvet and also never to underestimate a kitten with claws or a rose and its thorns. She was as beautiful and as dangerous as they came.

He chuckled his blood boiling as he touched a stab wound on his throat. He’d polished the dagger she was kind enough to have left in his throat as she quickly made her escape, since that day he’d been itching to return the favor after finishing where he had left off with her.

‘Is there something wrong with a girl playing hard to get?’ Verga purred with a bitter defiance that never left her dark brown eyes.

The memory only made him even more anxious. But despite how eager he was he’d take it slow savoring the moment, enjoying every second of this little game he designed just for her. She was going to be his tonight even if it took his last breath.

Verga hesitated, her hand on the door shuck at the sound of vogue’s voice a room away from her. She wasn’t safe here that much was certain, however, out there with vogue wasn’t either.

‘I’m so hungry’, the golden hair boy whispered as he staggered to his feet.

Verga turned to face the threat. Lady luck was yet to turn her way. Verga stepped slowly aback as her eyes fell on his clothes drenched in blood. He was wearing the same uniform as she was in. she swallowed a gasp, there were Serialists even at school? He raised golden eyes glowing in the dark to look at her.

‘Oh god,’ she whispered as her eyes beheld the face of the student body’s vice president. He was the most popular kid in school, that every girl liked and ever boy respected. Well ever girl except her at least, something had never sat right with her about him and now she knew why.

Verga cursed. He was the one who had tipped her off about the rumors about this place and directed her concerning who she could ask about the rumor. Now all the pieces fell in place. The son of a bitch had set her up. She should have suspected an ulterior motive but let her curiosity and anticipation block her better judgment. But for crying out loud who would have known that the most popular guy in school was a serial killer.

‘I’m so hungry. Verga please help me’, he said reaching for her as he staggered forward.

Damn your one greedy bastard, you had a feast but still need a midnight snack. Didn’t anyone ever mention to this guy that chocolate after bedtime wasn’t good for him? Verga thought inching towards the window at the corner of the room.

 She gasped as he vanished in a blur of movement to reappear in front of her. A heartbeat later she was crashing to the floor, a pile of tiny limbs softening her landing. A wash of pain rocked through her as she got to her feet.

She cursed spitting out a mouthful of blood. With a brush off his hand he had sent her flying across the damn room. There was no doubt he was strong and his sped knew no equal. If vogue wasn’t terrifying enough he just had have an even more monstrous accomplice.

 ‘I’m sorry but I can’t let you leave’, he said.

She made a futile dash for the door, but within this second and the next he was hauling her to the floor. From there he began to tear at flesh, desperate to rip the source of life of her chest. He yearned to have it, her heart, and the one thing he craved but couldn’t have. Oddly enough she didn’t scream, her weak arms putting up what little resistance it could. She wouldn’t yield not as long as there was someone waiting for her untimely return.

 Vogue flinched, going rigid as the smell of Verga’s blood came rushing his way from the room ahead of him. His teeth gritted as he identified whose room it was.

He prayed, for all it was worth, for it to be all a mistake as he kicked the door in without effort. Rage boiled as his eyes fell on Justine ripping his beloved kitten limb from limb.

‘You insolent wretch!’ he growled as he knocked the youth aside sending him crashing through the wall.

Was he too late? Vogue checked for a pulse. It was faint but it was there, he had come just in time to save her heart. He couldn’t do the ritual with her this way. He wondered looking at her chest cavity Justin had torn open. Her insides were as but spilling out. She coughed with blooding flowing from her lips. She was dying.

Vogue gently gathered her broken body in his arms. He just found her; he didn’t intend to lose her, not now, not here, not ever. Verga gave a blood gurgled cough, attracting vogue’s attention for a brief moment. Vogue grimaced as he tightened his grip on her.