(16) I don't regret it.

Chapter 16- I don't regret it.

Kyle's point of view.

She had done it without much time, she had broken the wall, she had punched it and now it was shattered; my secret was out.

I hadn't told anyone what I did, what I thought I did. Everyone in my last town knew about his death, Joey's death, my bestfriend. Yet they didn't know I was the one driving, nobody knew, they just knew he had died in that car.

I didn't attend a therapist, I didn't do anything, I was mentally scarred and it didn't heal. I don't think it ever healed, I just found a way to block it.

Cali was the only one to find out, yet she was the only one to push it out of me. She was the only one to question me. How could she look so deep into my emotions? Was I an open book? I had fought so hard to frost the emotions from my eyes, with all my life I had kept it in the most hidden of places, yet Cali took that away from me as fast as she came into my life.

I didn't know whether to fear her or welcome her.

"Fuck," she whispered, her breath fanning against my lips. I so desperately wanted to kiss her, fighting the urge was extremely hard.

I turned to look at the car that interrupted us, the headlights shone brightly, blinding me almost.

"Who is it?" Cali asked while I tried covering my eyes. I wrapped my arm around her protectively without another thought as I made my way to the side of the car.

"Shit," I whispered. It wasn't the cops, fortunately.

A silver BMW sat there on the grass, and suddenly the man appeared as he got out of his car.

The man was old, he wore a suit just as if he had finished work. It was late so he looked exhausted.

"What are you doing on my property?" He asked. I stepped back with Cali in my arms.

"We're so sorry, we didn't know this was your property," Cali replied. The man sighed as he itched his head.

"I'm sorry to come off abit rude, it's just my wife is extremely ill at home and I don't want teenagers scaring her when I'm at work," he stated. "My house is over there," he pointed to a little farm house just a few metres away.

I hadn't thought anything of it when I brought Cali here. I didn't think I even noticed it.

"Oh gosh, I am so sorry," Cali gasped as she apologised again.

"We are very sorry, we didn't know," I explained. The man shook his head and smiled. His eyes were empty and his body language told me that he was a man full of pain and worry.

"It's okay, it is," he sighed. "I'm just abit grouchy at my old age," he tried to force a laugh, but I knew he wasn't happy enough to laugh naturally.

"If you don't mind me asking, is your wife going to be okay?" I asked as I took a step forward.

"No, I don't think she is," he looked across the mountain, deep in thought. "I work and work and work to save up money for my wife's operation which would probably save her life, but the figures are just not adding up,"

"You need money for your wife's operation?" Cali asked as she looked up into the mans eyes. She looked just as heart broken as he did.

"Yes, every sodding thing revolves around money these days." He grumbled.

I thought for a few seconds. This man loved his wife dearly, and to save her life he wanted her to have this operation, but he didn't have the money. Without a second thought, and on a quick rash decision I knew what I was going to do. I wanted to help this man and his wife.

"I'll help you get the money," the man and even Cali looked at me in shock. I couldn't dismiss the hopeful gleam the man held in his eyes as soon as I said this. "I will, I'll help you get the money,"

"I-I" the man stuttered, almost speechless. "But how? It's a lot of money and-"

"We can make it into a small charity for your wife," I suggested. Cali snuggled in closer, almost thanking me for what I'm doing.

"I want to help too," Cali replied. I kissed her forehead.

"I can't thank you two enough, I really can't, those stereotypes about teenagers are really just stereotypes because today I've found two of the most amazing people I'll ever meet," his eyes shone as his tears nearly cascaded down his cheeks.

"How much do you need?" I asked.

"The surgery is 8000 dollars," he sniffed. I nodded my head, I'll aim for 10,000.

"We'll do this," I said. "You have nothing to worry about," the man shook his head as he came forward to shake my hand.

"Thankyou, and I mean this at the bottom of my heart, you've made me a happy man," he muttered. He then went to Cali and kissed her on the cheek. "Thank you," Cali smiled in reply, and she looked so beautiful.

"Oh, and before I forget, I'm Bill and my wife is Mary," I nodded my head and smiled.

"Kyle and Cali," Bill smiled before making his way to his car.

"Thankyou, once again, I hope you help bring my wife back to the woman I fell in love with," he said before driving off to his house.

Cali and I stood still for a few minutes, no words tumbled through our mouths.

"You're an amazing man, Kyle, seriously," she breathed. "What you did there was just-was just,"

"You offered to help too," I stated. Cali turned in my arms, and when she looked into my eyes my heart fluttered again.

I couldn't resist her anymore, I needed to feel her lips against mine. I didn't want, I needed. She just stood there, innocently looking at me, and I couldn't help it, I smashed my lips to hers.

She stood shocked for a few seconds before she started kissing me back. It was as if fireworks had blown into the air, my heart was pounding against my chest, and at this moment I didn't want to stop kissing her.

"Wow," she breathed as she left my lips.

"I'm sorry," I breathed.

"For what?"

"For kissing you," she hit my chest lightly.

"Don't say sorry, I don't regret it and neither should you," she muttered. I nodded my head. I unraveled her from my arms and grabbed her hand instead. I took her to my car.

"Thank you, Cali," I said. I needed to thank her.

"For what?"

"For being here, for staying with me even when you knew my past," I shrugged like it was no big deal. "And for giving me this perfect day,"

-------------------

SUPRISE, ITS A KYLES POINT OF VIEW

hope you enjoyed it aha loves chuuuu x