Chapter One: New Job**'✔️

He's not only my boss**'

Chapter One: New Job

Beyoncé

         I walked into my home and flopped unto my couch. Work today was definitely not the best and seeing Kelly walk through and look at me was not what I needed right now."What the hell is this?" She immediately fussed, nudging her head at my feet that still had on my heels on top of the brand new couch. I simply mumbled a "Sorry" as I placed my feet down. She shook her head and sat besides me, knowing that something was up. "What's the matter with you?" She asked. I took a deep sigh and looked at her,"My job switched me." I annoyingly stated. "What's wrong with that?" Kelly was obviously clueless on what was happening in my life right about now.

I huffed out a ton of air before answering her,"What's wrong is that I am going to start my therapy at 'Carter's Hospital.' " I slightly complained. She began to laugh. "Oh, I understand, so now you have to  drive all the way down to Harlem everyday."

I shrugged. "We have to move." I told her. "What?!" She exclaimed. "Kelly, there's no way I'm going to drive down there everyday and you already know how busy the highways are once there is traffic, and traffic is very common in the city." I explained.
Before she could give me an excuse about why we should stay, I got up and began my strut towards the kitchen.

"Did you know you were going to be switched?" She asked. I shook my head. "No, but when they told me I immediately went for a search because I start tomorrow." I answered, stopping the moves in my tracks.

She rolled her eyes and looked up towards the celing. "Great."

"Kells don't be mad at me okay? This is not my fault." I pleaded. "I'm not mad. Just giving you un approval. Look, I am going to go over my lines for the movie." She said.

"Alright" I continued my journey towards the kitchen and pulled out my bottle of Skyy Vodka, taking out a shot glass. I poured some in and started to sip.

I was hoping that this will help clear my mind and revive me from this stress.

I really shouldn't be this upset. I am only 26 years old and too much is enough. I'm tired of getting to know things like this last minute.

This was just simply un-professional. Why would you tell me the day before that I'd be switched to another company, my supervisor didn't even hold a meeting to tell me. She just walked into my office and explained on how 'Carter's Hospital' needs me more than they do and how I must not consider, but do myself a favor since they run the best psychiatrist business in New York City.

Huffing louder than I should, I brought the drink in the living room and placed it on the table, turning on the television. It wasn't even a split second until I felt a hand hug around my neck.  Instantly knowing who it was, my lips cracked a smile.

I took a long glare towards him and he smiled back, kissing my lips.

"What's up Baby?" He asked, looking at the Vodka and sitting next to me. I laid my head on his chest and he began to stroak my hair. "My back hurts and so does my head." I complained.

"Drinking isn't going to help." He told me, pouting at my lousy life making decisionsZ "I'm not drinking because of that. I'm drinking because my job switched me over and the fact that they did it last minute is what's making me angry." I hissed, but before I could carry on and on about work and their issues, he pressed his lips against mine and after a moment he released.

"Where are you going to start working?" He questioned. "Harlem in Manhattan." I said. His eyes opened wide. "Damn baby, what are you going to do?"
I shrugged and felt him kiss my forehead. "Would you be mad if I told you that we're going to have to move to Harlem?" I asked, looking up at him. "Well, I wouldn't be mad, but baby you know that's going to be rough. Me working in Long Island while you work in Harlem; it'll be hard to see you awoke."