A bad boy moving in next door? Pssh nothings suspicious about that! [1]

"Ahh yes Spencer very good!" Miss Bella said. I rolled my eyes at her over-ecstatic voice. She was really too hyper about everything! But I guess thats what happens when your student is an excellent singer! And that, my friend, would be muah! Spencer Gregory the singing champion! Alright, alright maybe not "champion" but I am good! "Alright now please practice your routines and I will be back." She said and I sat down, not bothering to practice. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. I ran my fingers through my straight dark brown hair. I wish it would be curly or had a little bit more volume but noo I had to have the straightest hair in the world!! Atleast my mint green eyes were pretty. Like the only pretty part of me!! And apparently I got that from my dad....which he was dead. He got into a bad car accident. But I wasnt there for I was only 3 years old. "Ok I am back!! Now please go over the scales." She announced and I stood back up to recite the scales.

***

"Mom Im hoome!!" I called out and I heard a big crash and some whispering. My eyebrows knitted together as I looked through the house. I tried to get into my mom's room but it was locked. I banged on the door and the whispering came again. "Mom?! Hello?!" I called out and I saw her brown eyes as she peeked out her door. "Yes dear?" She asked timidly. "Uhh I'm home I just wanted to see you!" I said and she smiled sheepishly. "I'll be out in a minute alright? Go downstairs or go to your room." She said and slammed the door in my face. Well that was odd...oh well. I went downstairs and got an apple. I looked out the window and saw moving trucks. So finally the empty house next to us was going to be occupied! Cool! Maybe I should go check it out? I decided I should and walked outside, still munching on the apple. I saw a lady who looked not even 35 years old. She had long, curly black hair that ran down her back and pale skin. She was very pretty. "Uhh hello ma'am?" I called out. She turned around and smiled at me. She walked towards me and shook my hand. "Hello dear! Are you one of our new neighbors?" She asked, her brown eyes lighting up. I nodded and she shook my hand more vigorously. "I'm Laura! My husband is...oh wait one second." She said and ran back to the house. She dragged out 3 other figures and they stood in front of me. "Hi I'm Laura's husband Gregg." The man said. He had black hair as well but he had blue instead of brown eyes. "Hi I'm Sophie!!" The little girl said. I bent down and shook her tiny hand. She had dark brown hair and brown eyes. She looked a lot like her mother. I then turned to the guy. He was a little bit taller than me but I couldn't see his face because he had his hood up. "Trent." He mumbled in a smooth, seductive voice. "Its nice to meet you guys! I'm Spencer." I said at last and Laura smothered me with a hug. "Its nice to meet you dear. But we must get back unpacking but you're welcome to come back with your family and see us tonight! Heres my number." She said and handed me a slip of paper. I thanked them all and walked slowly back to my house.

What did Trent look like? I was dying to know...perhaps we should go see them at dinner! Maybe his hood would be down...well might as well try!

***

At around 5:30 pm my mother came downstairs and smiled at me. "How was singing?" She asked me. "Pretty good. And guess what? We have neighbors! And the mom is super nice and invited us for dinner! Maybe we should go!" I exclaimed and handed my mother the piece of paper. She looked at it and took out her phone, dialing the number. Her phone was on the ear for a few seconds before she said hello. "Uhh yes this is Angela Gregory, Spencer's mom. Uh-huh? Yes. Oh that would be wonderful! Thank you...we will be right over! Bye!". My mother put her phone in her pocket and smiled. "Spencer get ready! We're going over to the Bale's!"

***

At 7:00, we arrived at the house fully dressed. I tried my best to look nice because of the mysterious Trent. It was a weird feeling but I think I like him...I guess I'm just attracted to the bad-boy aura! We knocked on the door and the little girl answered the door. "Mommy the girls here!!!" She called out in her cute, small voice. Laura came and introduced herself. Instantly, her and my mom connected and they left me at the door awkwardly. I decided I would talk to the little girl when I accidently ran into Trent. He looked down at me and I almost gasped. He had piercing blue eyes and straight dark brown hair like Sophie's. "Uhh sorry.." I mumbled and ran before he could see my red face. I sat and played with Sophie till Laura called us for dinner. We all sat down, me inbetween my mom and Trent. They served up steak and mashed potatoes. Yum! I quickly ate up and listened quietly to Laura talking. This lady could talk for HOURS!! It was amazing! At 10:31 we were all sitting on the couches conversating, except for Trent. I desperatly wanted to know what he was thinking. But I couldn't look stupid or like some desperate fan girl! I tried to talk to him but he just answered with 1 word responses and it ended. "Oh my goodness we better get going Spencer! Thank you so much and we will be in touch!! Bye!" My mother said and dragged me out. I stole one last glance at Trent and our eyes connected. I smiled and my mom closed the door. "Well they seem nice!" My mom commented and I nodded. "Very nice..."