14 : Monkey Business

"Ok so you guys made out a couple of times, but you're not dating, right" Scarlett asked me for the forth time, as we walked around the tracked.

I groaned, and threw my head back. "I've gave you the same answer every time you asked," I said exasperated. I decided to ask Scarlett for some help, concerning my issue with Jace, but so far thats gone south. We haven't gotten past the fact that me and Jace made out occasionally, but aren't a "thing". Scarlett held her hands up in defense, and said, "Hey, I'm just trying to get my facts straight".

I frowned a small frown, and mumbled, "I know, sorry."

"You said he didn't want a girl friend right," Scarlett asked.

"No," I gritted my teeth, remembering the time he told me that. "Hmm from what you told me, I think he likes you, but doesn't want anything serious," she observed. I looked up and glared at her. "You always tell things I don't want to hear," I huffed, and crossed my arms.

"What are friends for," she grinned. Touché. Before I could retaliate, and retort something witty, the world around me went black. His warm hands guarded my eyes, shielding the view of my surroundings. I inhaled his scent, his aroma was distinctive. "Exotic spice or was it mint," I thought to myself. Instinctively my body melted into his, causing Scarlett to snicker.

"I thought you two hated each other," she faked the shock.

"Please, he's the last person I want to see," I said all but serious.

"Yeah, and she's the most hideous thing, that walked this planet," was his reply. I felt the corners of my mouth tip up, when I caught on to what he really was implying. His hands dropped, and I hastily turned to face him. He flashed me a toothy grin before he turned to walked away. "Oh no you don't," I thought as I chased after him. At the last minute, I jumped. I clung unto him as if he was my lifeline.

"Why is there a monkey on my back," Jace wondered out loud. When this monkey didn't answer he turned his face slightly. I'd gotten a better view of his eyes and they were just breath taking. "You are eyes gorgeous," I gushed in awe. He smiled surfacing dimples. Not being able to contain myself any longer, I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. His grin was awfully loud. I buried my face into the crook of his neck, giving myself a sense of comfort. "So, I have a game tonight," he said proudly.

"Oh, that's nice." was all I could muster. Let's just say I wasn't to thrilled about attending his basketball games. He was quiet for a moment, but then he said "Are you coming." I thought about it for a second, I really want him to do good at his game tonight, I don't want him stressing. So I'll take one for the team.

"If it will please you, I suppose I could spare an hour or two," I stated. "But your ass better not be sitting on the bench again," I warned. "Hop off of my back," he said lowly. Oh god, what did I do this time, if he wants to act this way, then I want show up at all. After I jumped off of his back, I turned to walk away. Jace grabbed my wrist. "What's wrong," his eyes filled with worry. Just then I knew I wasn't in trouble. "Oh nothing, I was, um, looking for Scarlett," I lied.

He grabbed me by waist, and pulled me closer to him. Is it getting hot out here or is it just me. I let my eyes wander, so I wouldn't have to look him in the eye. "I like, how your willing to please me," he said, looking me right in the eye. "Well, I like when your happy," I said awkwardly, looking anywhere but him. He grabbed my chin, demanding eye contact. He pecked me on lips softly, then kissed me on my forehead. I felt the heat clambering up my neck. Before I could complain he said "it was hardly a kiss," then walked away.

"That's not the point though," I yelled after him. I shook my head as I headed back to Scarlett. Poor Scarlett, I wondered what she was doing while I was away for those long ten minutes. As I approached Scarlett she gave me a knowingly look.