Chapter 11 ~Part 2~

~Shane's POV~

Every single day of my life is the same. As I roll around in bed or lay down on the couch watching television while munching on my huge bag of leftover potato chips, I tell myself how repetitive and boring my life is. Most of you would probably get up and do something about your boredom, but weirdly enough, I don't. I've thought about taking a walk around my neighborhood to get some fresh air or go for a drive, but I always give myself excuses and convince myself why I should do those things. I think my laziness has been worse for the past few days. For example, there were countless times where I want to get some air, but then I remember The Kardashians is going to be on soon, so I've used that as an excuse not to do it. I ended up not watching it. I don't even like that show. I guess you could compare these situations with one of those things you see in cartoons; an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other.

You must be wondering what happened to my friends like Shanna and...yeah she was basically my only friend. Well, she is fortunately WAY more successful than me, so she went to study abroad. I was pretty sad when I saw her walk into the airport and saying our farewells to each other, but I couldn't do anything about it, so I had to be happy for her, which I was, but there wasa slight sense of loneliness. Somewhere deep inside.

I just continued to watch TV with the chip crumbs scattered all over the couch. But then I heard my phone ring. I haven't heard it ring for a while. Usually when someone wanted to talk to me (which was not often to be honest), they would text me instead. I went over to my phone and saw that the word "Mom" was shown on the screen. I was wondering why she would be calling me so out of the blue. I clicked the call answer button and waited for her voice to come through the other side.

"Shaney? I miss you," my mom answered.

"Uh...me too..." I awkwardly answered back. She usually doesn't call me, let alone call me just because she misses me. She probably has another reason. We don't talk to me or anything. All she does for me is pay for my bills and bought necessities including my beloved iPhone 5S. I'm not complaining. If anything, I'm really thankful and grateful. But the problem is, I never really see her. When she wants to buy me gifts on Christmas and my birthday, she buys them and ships them over with a card. I never get to see her face and sometimes I wonder why she doesn't show herself to me. I don't even know where she is these days and I don't know what her occupation is. Last time I saw her, she was a waitress at a diner. Who knows what she is working as now. I just really hope that her job now has nothing to do with porn. Anything but that. Oh and of course something that has to do with drugs.

"How are you doing?" My mom asked.

I didn't even answer the question. I just full on asked, "What is it mom? Why did you call me?"

There was a bit of silence before she spoke, "Um, see Shane, there is going to be a bit of a problem."

I kept listening.

"...I might be short on money, so I won't be able to pay for your bills anymore..." her voice trailed off and she hung up before I could say something back to her.

...Shit.

How the hell am I supposed to pay the bills all on my own....?

Do I have to find a new job or something? This is going to be hard work. And why the hell does my mom have a money shortage? I'm concered about her,but I am worried about the bills more. But it's the beginning of the month and I don't have much time.

I guess it's time to get off my lazy ass and go out and look around.

________________________________

So...after looking all night (it's like 9PM right now) and I am TIRED. I looked around everywhere for something. I even went over to a school earlier in the day and asked if they needed a custodian. Apparently they have enough (which I really don't understand how). I went to the mall for part-time jobs in stores but they didn't have any spots open. I went around to so many places that I can't even count the amount with my fingers AND my toes. I know, that's a lot isn't it?

I really wanted to just go home for now, but I was incredibly hungry running from place to place. It was a bit late to go eat out somewhere, so I headed towards the closest frozen yogurt place. They were on the newspaper for having great frozen yogurt and I heard that it opens pretty late, so I was in luck. I always passed by the nice building and always wanted to try it out.

I went inside and surprisinly, there were still people. I got my frozen yogurt and this nice girl named Meghan (she had a name tag on) was at the register and she was really nice. She wasn't one of those people who were awkward and would not say a word to the people playing. She was very casual and playful and bubbly pretty much.

I sat down at an empty table by the window and took a bite out of it. Oh wow. I twas AMAZING. WAYYY better than ice cream. Damn, I should come here more often. I streched out my legs and just looked up at the sky. I wish I could see a clear sky with the moon and stars shining bright. Instead it was a cloudy sky with no moon or star in sight. The stupid air pollution was causing it, and I was not happy because I was expecting the comforting moonlight when I looked up a the gloomy night sky.

But as I was looking up, my eyes came across a sign posted on the window that read, "Workers Wanted"

As soon as I read that, I literally jumped out of my seat, dumped my precious half-eaten frozen yogurt into the trash and ran over to the Meghan girl at the cash register.

Yep, that was how excited I was and you have no idea how desperate I was to make money.

"You guys are hiring, right? I'll work here!" I exclaimed excitedly.

-----------------------

A/N: Thank you so much for reading!!! And I really hope you enjoyed this because I still managed  to post it today and spent a lot of time on this even though I am INCREDIBLY busy. I had a choir concert today and I couldn't start my homework yet (I'm going to start it now) So you better be happy >:( Lol just kidding :P

But please tell me if you liked the chapter.

I can't promise you another chapter by tomorrow, but I hope I update soon :D

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR

GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!