You turned your back on tomorrow, because you forgot yesterday.

Grasping onto my rucksack handles tightly; I hurriedly paced down the wet and muddy grass embankment, the rain beginning to fall rapidly as it began to burn my pale skin.

Standing on the deep oak wooden decking I swiftly peered through one of the front windows checking that no one was occupying the cabin. To my surprise there was not a soul inhabiting the cabin, it was empty, only the distant blur of an orange flame flickering and dancing upon the wick of a candle.

As I placed my sweaty palms onto the sleek rusting silver door handle, I abruptly took in a sharp, swift breath of air before testing my fate.

Grasping down on the rusty handle, the rotting wooden door slowly began to open, a loud creaking noise piercing through the eerie silence of the woods.

It was unlocked. I was finally having some luck. My once awful day was beginning to see the light and improve slightly.

As I cautiously entered into the cabin I was taken aghast. Shocked by the appearance of the log cabin I found myself frozen and unable to move.

There was something unusual and haunting about this log cabin. Something was not right. I could tell by the way my heart began to pound rapidly in my body, as if it was trying to escape, while a cold sweat began to form lakes around me.

But there was no way I could turn back now and be a disgrace to my home village.

I would just have to find out what lurked within the darkness of the eerie log cabin I swiftly found myself inhabiting.

Even if it killed me.