-Chapter Six

A week has passed since I been at this camp. James and Freddie are still constantly flirting with me and what not. I’m still am confused about my feelings. I wish deciding between which one I like more was a little bit easy. But they make it so hard. Right now James and I are sitting in awkward silence waiting for Freddie to finish changing. I’m looking around the room trying really hard not to make eye contact.

“Riley.”

“Hmm?”

“Riley.”

“Yess?” I say still avoiding eye contact. Our conversations have been getting awkward. I feel the bed slump next to me.

“Are you mad at me?”

I look at him crazily. How could I ever be mad at him? He is so adorable.

“Noo.”

“YAYY! do you know what’s been up with Freddie lately?”

I shake my head he doesn’t let me get that many words out anyways.

“Oh.” He says sadly, dropping he’s shoulder. “He’s been acting weird lately towards me.”

“Same here.”

“Really?! Like does he make you agree to weird things and acts like it’s the second time that you both woke up in the-“

He stops talking like what he was saying is poisonous. I eye him weirdly. Wait a minute. What did he just say? Woke up where together?  Have him and Freddie slept together before? And no I don’t mean with the dreams and eyes closed kind of sleep. I mean the sweating and naughty kind.

“What were you saying?”

“Nothing, just forget everything I said.”

“But you said something about waking up with- “

“Freddie! Hurry up we are going to be late.”

“I’m coming, I’m coming.”

Freddie finally comes out of the bathroom and he walks towards the cabin door and opens it. He turns around and looks at James and I like we just made out.

“Well aren’t you two coming?”

Before I can respond James runs out of the cabin leaving me and Freddie behind. I just shrug my shoulders and follow him out.

On our way to the field James and Freddie are whispering to each other. It makes me feel kind of left out. I just follow behind the slowly.

-Freddie’s Point Of View-

James grabs me and pulls me beside him. We leave Riley behind us which makes me feel a little bad.

“What about Riley?”

“Forget about Riley!”

“Ouchh, what happened?”

“Oh I don’t know just that I almost told him that me and you had sex!”

I can practically feel my eyes bulge out of my head. I don’t know which one I’m madder at right now.

“James! I thought we both agreed never to talk about that!” I hiss at him.

“Oh grow up! What’s more of a bigger deal to you? Me talking about us having sex or me telling Riley?”

“Don’t ask me that question.”

“Don’t you care?”

I take a moment to sink this all in. Of course I care. I mean I don’t want Riley to know that we had sex. He will probably think we still have feelings for each other. Besides that was like sooo last summer. But I also don’t like to talk about it. The morning after things were kind of awkward between me and him. So we both agreed not to talk about it to keep our friendship strong.