2. Mikasa

(Optional: Play "Mika's Song" by Yiruma on repeat)

I don't know how or when it happened. It could have been the very first second I met him. All I knew was that one day I just suddenly realized that I, Mikasa Ackerman, was in love with my best friend.

-

I suddenly woke up from the sound of the front door closing. Realizing it was just Eren, I burried my face onto the sofa pillow.

"Sorry to wake you," Eren rustled my hair while passing by. "I'm going to the game store really quick. Do you want to come and go grocery shopping?"

I groaned and slowly got up, "Won't the cashiers get scared of my face if I go now."

He sat down next to me. Eren cupped my face and wiped the drool that was on the side of my lip, "You look beautiful, go get ready. I put your clothes in the washer so just borrow my jacket."

I walked into his room and had to kick clothes out of my way to clear a path to walk. I picked up what seemed to be the cleanest jacket in his room and put it on. Reaching into the pockets, I felt a tube and took it out. "Ambochlorin?..." I whispered.

"Are you still coming?" Eren asked.

I spun around hiding the tube behind my back, "I'll just stay home... I have stuff to do."

Eren nodded and said he would come back soon.

This is a prescription for cancer...

-

The phone rung, snapping me out of my daze. How long have I been sitting here? An hour?

I still couldn't accept if this was reality or a bad nightmare.

I ran to answer the phone. An unfamiliar voice spoke, "Is this Eren Jaeger's house?"

"Yes."

"You must be his wife. Well Eren is at the hospital and he collapsed not too long ago."

I felt my chest tighten. It's happening all over again. I don't want to lose my family again.

-

I ran down the hall to his hospital room. Once I heard his voice and I felt more at ease.

"This is the 4th time you've passed out this month. You're getting worse. You need to take the therapy more seriously," the doctor remarked.

"What's the point. I'm on my fourth stage of cancer. There's no hope at all. All they do at therapy is tell me not to be depressed about dying soon and I'm not depressed. I have Mikasa... Please doc, just... don't tell her. I can't stand seeing her cry, and she won't be able to focus on work or school while taking care of me. I can go through this by myself."

I couldn't take this anymore, I ran away not wanting to listen anymore. I wanted to scream, I felt like I was dying. I ran to an empty hospital room and collapsed against a corner. I didn't know how to deal with these emotions. It was the first time I cried like this ever since my parents passed away.

I was scared that Eren was going to leave me. I was angry that he couldn't keep his promise to stay with me forever. I was sad that I am losing my best friend... and the man I love.

-

I eventually got a hold of myself.

I walked into the room and he was lying on the bed reading a book. "Hey..."

"What's wrong with you." Tell me... please.

"Nothing I just have a slight fever and got dizzy at the store." He smiled rustling my hair.