14

I woke up the sun peering through the blinds warming my chilled skin. my eyes glanced around the room landing on a sleeping Derek. His arm was placed over my waist gripping lightly as he slept.

i didn't want to wake him because he needed the sleep due to lack of it he has gotten the past few days based on the dark circles around his eyes. I wrapped the blanket around my naked body trying my best to not wake up the adorable looking Derek. "babe?" his sleepy voice croaked "where you going?" he asks rubbing his tired eyes. "I was just going to get dressed." I told him softly. he shakes his head "come back to bed cuddle." he mumbles tiredly smiling. I stay silent knowing I can't say no to him. "please cuddle." he pouts his lips and I'm almost instantly back in the bed.

he pulls me to him resting his head against my bare chest. "last night was amazing." he breathes "we've never done it that many times. it was hard for me to keep up with you." he smirks up at me. "shush." I tell him blushing greatly. "we still have to talk you know." I peer down at him and he nods "not yet though, we will fight and I don't want to fight just yet." he sighs rubbing his fingers up and down my legs. "we don't have to fight." I state and the look he gives me says he disagrees, and I know us too well that I do too.

he tilts his head as his lips hover over my bare breast. he gently kisses it and moves down my chest and stomach. "De-Derek." I moan biting my lip. "I have a new favorite spot to leave my marks." he says his breath tickling over my belly button. his lips suck at the skin right at my hip while I grip his hair. "right here." he swirls his tongue over the fresh hickey moving his head so I can see it. I not only see one but also another on my left hip bone as well.

"Maize breakfast is read-oh god!" jack shrills before running out of the room. "fuck." I sigh as Derek moves up back beside me in the bed. "tosser needs to learn how to knock. what if you were naked and he just walked in?" Derek growls "calm down lets just get dressed and go down stairs." I get out of bed quickly pulling on a t shirt and leggings I had on from the previous night. Derek does the same following me out the door.

me and Derek both walk down into the kitchen and I can tell jack is avoiding my gaze. "good morning maize!" my grandpa smiles. "Derek?" he asks shocked "what are you doing here? when did you get here?"

"hey sir." Derek greets "late last night." I'm glad he answers bluntly leaving out the part about him being drunk. "well help yourself we have pancakes and eggs!" he waves his hands to the food and Derek nods grabbing himself a plate before glancing at me. I nod and he grabs me a plate as well filling it with food as I make my coffee. "so jack are you going to run with me this afternoon like planned?" I cock an eye brow at him as his gaze shifts between me and Derek quickly. Derek eyes me wearily and I ignore him. "sure!" he replies slowly and I smile "great." I grin back as I sit down at the table.

"I can easily run with you." Derek whispers in my ear. "yeah but we are working on fixing our problems. such as you being controlling and me being dependent on you." I whisper back "that's bullshit maize." I roll my eyes starting to eat my food. "not now Derek." I warn and he grunts moving away from me. I glance back at jack who is yawning "how can you be tired you passed out before step brothers was over!" I laughed hitting his shoulder he laughs rolling his eyes. "yeah whatever says the one who sleeps all the time! you're literally a vampire!" he teases "she is that's why I told you to not wake her ever, she is dangerous in the mornings." my grandpa joins in making me laugh loudly. "maize can I talk to you for a minute?" I hear Derek ask gripping my upper arm.

"can it wait till after breakfast?" I question slowly "no." he curtly states pulling me up from my seat. I sigh wiggling from his grip walking behind him into the other room. "what's wrong Derek?" I ask annoyance laced in my tone. "you're flirting with him and acting as if I'm not even here!" he shouts in a whisper waving his hand in the air. "what are you talking about?" I respond back confused. "hehe!" he mocks in a feminine tone shoving my shoulder. "you're so funny! you're so normal and not a controlling and possessive werewolf and oh wow jack!" he adds and my anger dissolves slightly. "Derek, baby." I walk towards him and when he pushes me away slightly I know he is upset. "you blatantly flirt with him! this is what I was scared of happening, I knew you would leave me for a few weeks and find someone new! someone who doesn't drag you into this world!" my hands cup his face that now is full of shame, pulling it down to face me. "honey, I don't want anyone else. I only want you ill only ever want you. I'm just not use to all this yet, but I'll get there." I assure my thumb rubs his cheeks softly. "you're going to find someone better, more your type and leave me." he murmurs making me shake my head silently. "I love you. I'm yours and you're mine." I repeat the words he told me once before hoping they would have some effect on him.