59. Brits Ready

I cannot express to you how much it means for you to please vote for my story. It takes less than a second, and it really helps my book to get recognised for the hundreds of hours I've put into writing it. Thank you for absolutely everything 

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan
Instagram: gemma.allan

I am genuinely sad to be saying our goodbyes to Harry's family but Gemma will be attending the Brits after party, so I know I'll at least have a friend there.

We load the car up with our luggage and I'm quiet as I look out the car window, admiring the differences in the landscapes and houses.  

"Please don't be upset with me," he pleads, rubbing his face.

"I'm not angry?" I say, screwing up my face.

"So you're not angry I jumped in with you then?" he asks matter of factly, almost berating me to get angry.

"I'm annoyed at you for doing that, but I'm honestly so beyond mortified about getting caught Harry," I reply honestly. "I wanted so badly to make a good impression and now I can't even look at your mum properly," I say, genuinely upset.

"Look – don't be." He says, grabbing my hand. "She's not fazed by all of that, and she clearly knew it was my idea. She told me off after you left the table."

He can see me softening after he explains it a little further, and tries to pull a funny face while I desperately try to remain straight faced.

"Come on now – don't be a grump," he laughs as I can't keep up the façade any longer and laugh with him, as he rubs circles on my hand with his thumb. "You'll see the funny side of it soon."

"Yeah," I say, drawing out the word, "That might take some time," I laugh.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wake to the sound of the car door slamming shut and Harry walks around to my side of the car to open my door. 

"We're here," he says a little too cheerily for having just woken up, and I rub my eyes. I fold down the car's vanity mirror and can see I've smudged my mascara, causing black circles around my eyes. I rub the excess make up off with an unused tissue

"You right babe?" he asks, grabbing one of our bags.

"Yep," I nod, stepping out of his car and yawning. I grab my handbag and walk towards the entrance of his home. The large home has a modern exterior and inside is sleek, and nicely decorated. It's quite evident to see that this home isn't lived in. It's lacking warmth and almost feels like a home between temporary homes. Just another hotel in Harry's case.

"You like?" he asks, setting his things down, and his voice echoes in the bare house.

"It's a nice house," I comment, avoiding the word home.

Most of the surfaces are white, which gives the home a sterile kind of feel, but I gasp as we enter the living room, which exhibits a spectacular skylight. The house has so much potential – almost like a skeleton without its vital organs. There's just no heart without him being here.

"Lou should be here soon to help get us ready," he says, walking through to the kitchen area. "Can I get you something to drink?" He offers, opening his refrigerator. Despite not really living here, it's well stocked with juices and beers and I take out a Corona.

"Starting early," he smiles, and I hoist myself up to sit on the countertop bench. I struggle with the cap and he takes it from me, pressing it off with his thumb, and taking a sip before handing me the bottle. He is pressing up against the bench, his hips leaning into mine, and I take the liberty of wrapping my legs around him, pressing him in close to me as he looks down at me with a smile adorned on his lips. He is looking at me in the way that girls dream to be looked at. He looks at me like I am a mystery waiting to be solved, like I am what he has been waiting for. But mostly, it is the feeling when he looks at me -when he is truly looking. He gives me that look. Like I am all he sees, and everything else is an insignificant blur in the background. That it's just us that matter. In a heartbeat, he makes me forget trivial concerns that I'm faced with and we are each other's escape from reality. I feel him smiling as his lips advance upon my own, and I laugh into the kiss and we pull apart. He holds my face in my hands, running his thumb back and forth over my bottom lip as he smiles at me curiously. I bite down on his thumb, and he retaliates by grazing his teeth playfully on my bare shoulder, which intensifies to him using his tongue against my skin, tasting me. I raise my hips, pressing myself hard into him as he holds my sides, bringing me even closer.