Chapter 10

Look out for the Interrobang! It looks like this -> ‽ ‽ ‽ ‽ It's a explanation mark and a question make mixed together!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Ryan left I rolled my eyes in her direction. I know that she is one of those girls who think she knows it all. She thinks she has to know everything and if people don't tell her she throws a temper tantrum. I look over to the table as I hear her phone ring some stupid song that I've never heard of and I look at the screen. I see the picture of her girly boyfriend on the screen. I answer the phone and say:

"Hello." 

"Hey, is Ryan there?" He asks confused of why I might've been on the phone. 

"No, she left her purs and her phone at my house because she desided to be a nosey princess. Now I have to go return it so you should just hang up pendejo." I say to him rudefully. 

"What did you just call me, faggot?" He asks me sounding that he might just punch me in the face. 

"I called you a Pen-De-Jo. Why don't you learn some spanish for once, Chorra? You have been taking it for three years. Learn this phrase: Besa mi culo, puto." 

"What's that mean?" He says, his voice full of rage. 

"Kiss my ass, Bitch." I say to him and hang up.

I slowly get up from my spot and my mother walks out of the kitchen and she looks angry. 

"Louis, you will not use that language in my house hold! Now get back on that couch, you have broken ribs and your back is still bleeding from the various cuts their switch blades gave you!" She yells at me and I look down to see the plastic covered in blood and puss. I wince at my sudden light headedness. 

"You guyus are going to clean that up and I am going to return this phone to Ryan, no but's about it!" I say to her still agravated about my recent phone call. 

I storm out of the house and realize that I probably look bad wearing a white shirt and having blood cover it. I pull off my shirt and place it on my door step then slowly jog with my large limp from them almost breaking my leg. 

I see Ryan almost to the rich part of town and I caught up to her. 

"Hey, Ryan!" I say to her and she turns around to me with her eyes rolling. 

"What are you doing here." She asks me not wanting to notice that I have her phone and purse in my hand.

"You got a phone call. Don't worry, I answered and gave him a short spanish lesson." I say to her and her eyes become wide as she pulls her phone out of my hands. 

"You called Ashley!" She yells to me. 

"To be fare he called me!" I yell back with a smile. "So, why do you date him?" 

"Why are you so nosey?" She asks me with a slight smile. 

"Well, I just want to know because this isn't as bad as me." I say getting her back. 

"Okay, fair enough. How about you tell me what happened to you and I will tell you why I date him." She says with a sly smile but I know that she's playing me. She's going to tell me something stupid like, because I like him. I won't take that as an answer. 

"You have to answer truthfully, because I can get you back for whatever you say." I say to her and I feel my smile inching across my cheeks. 

"Okay, it's a deal." 

"Well, just, I think, yesterday I got jumped in. And their tradition is to beat the living hell out of the person who wants to jump in. If they survive then they are in. I only got jumped in to save my family. We've been getting threats, they've been shooting at us. They almost hurt my mother and my brothers. But, I am hoping to get jumped out. The problem is I don't know if I could survive that." I say to her, letting it all out but keeping most a secret. 

"Wait? You're a drug dealer now?" She asks surprised and somewhat disgusted. 

"No, I told them right off the bat I won't do that." I answer her. 

"Well, you were right, I  am angry. Louis this is dangerous." She says and she stops walking. 

"You don't think I know that, chica?" I say to her bluntly. 

"Well, you do know that you can get killed while in this gang too?" She says to me stupidly. 

"You don't think I don't know that? But at least they keep my familia safe." I answer her. "Now, lets get to your pendejo of a boyfriend, eh? You are keeping up on your deal right?" 

She gives me a small smile that peaks out of her red lips. "Well, he's kind to me. HEe's giving me a place to stay, he loves me and I love him." She says with a small smile making me think he doesn't really make her happy. 

I make a noise that sounds like a buzzer which wakes her up. "That's not a good answer. Give me a good answer not a, 'I'm dating him because I like him, because he's kind and I want a boyfriend.' Tell me the truth about him." I say to her hoping she'll cooperate. 

"Fine! I don't know any more, okay? He was gone during the summer, he was with his friend and I've seen pictures of him with this girl. I just don't think he's entirely happy with me." She says with an upset tone in her voice. "I think he cheated on me." She says with tears almost spilling out of her eyes. 

"Oh, well that's what I wanted, I wanted the truth." I say to her. "Well, why don't you break up with her? You could even go out with a real hunk like me!" I say to her and that makes her stiful a laugh. 

"Why would you ever think I would EVER go out with you." She says putting enfises on ever. 

"Well, I came to you, broken ribs, ankle, and a cut up back and some organs probably spuwing acid that'll burn all my other organs, well that, to me,is a major hunk. If it's not to you then I don't know what your definition of hunk is." I finish and she rolls her eyes. "You know, if you look up 'hunk' in the dictionary you'll find me." I say and she laughs. 

"You really know how to lighten a situation." She says and I laugh. 

"Yeah, I know. Well, we're getting to your side of town. If you ever need a place to stay, my mother has that room ready for you." I say with a smile as I walk away. 

"Louis!" She yells to me scared to death. 

I turn around fastly. "What‽" I scream to her. 

"Your back is still bleeding! A lot!"

"I know! I still have a couple of hours!" I yell to her. "Ryan‽" 

"Yeah Louis‽" SHe yells back to me. 

"Have a nice day!" I say with a smile as I walk home. 

She smiles at me. "Bye Louis!"