Chapter 29: Crying and apologizing.

Joni's P.O.V.

James still hasn't returned. I just want to know where he is, know he's save. Nicholas keeps on asking where he's daddy is or when he's coming home and every time I say the say same, I don't know. I take my laptop and sit at the kitchen island. Fox sits beside me. I go onto youtube and type in James Maslow. I watch clips from shows he has been on. Tears start streaming down my face. I hear Fox howl and I look at him. "You miss daddy too, don't you?" He howls again. I click on another video. I put my head in my hands and just bawl my eyes out. I hear the door being unlocked but I don't bother to look up, all I can do is cry. Something drops to the floor and I hear footsteps running towards me. Strong arms wrap around me.

"Shh." He tries to comfort me. "Please don't cry." His voice hoarse.

"Where have you been, you asshole!" I slap his chest, too weak to get out of his grip but then again I don't want to.

"Carlos'"

"Why didn't you call, I was worried sick!"

"I thought you were mad at me."

"I am mad at you!"

"I'm sorry." He whispers. He lifts my head, he's eyes puffy and red, and leans in but I push him away, finally finding some strength.

"No!" I scream. "You thought I cheated on you! I freaking love you James!"

"Well I freaking love you too! And I can't stand to see you with any other guy because I'm fucking scared to lose you!"

"Watch your damn language! Zac means nothing to me anymore!"

"Anymore?! So you do admit you guys were a thing?!"

"Yes James! I had a love life before you came along you know! Zac and I dated and yes we were very happy together! And the only reason we broke up was because he moved away!"

"So I'm just second choice?!" Hurt was clear in his voice.

"No! You'd think I'd go through marriage and giving birth, twice, if I knew you weren't the one for me?!" I sigh. "You know what? Forget it. You better sleep on the couch tonight or in the guest bedroom, I don't care. All I know is that I don't want you near me tonight. Night James." I go up the stairs, into our bedroom and lock the door. I take out a shirt and wear it as a pyjama, not realizing it's James' t-shirt until I'm wearing it. Being too tired and lazy to take it off again I just decide to wear the shirt. I get underneath the covers and softly cry to myself. We've never fought like this before. I hate it. I can't believe he even questions my love for him. I know that if Zac hadn't moved away my life could be completely different now but I love James, with all my heart. Faith brought us together. I'm his and he is mine, forever. I toss and turn in my bed. I look at the clock and see the hours passing by. I feel horrible about all of this. Why did I push him away when I needed him the most. We're fighting but about what? About how much we love each other? I was wrong. I do want him here with me. I sigh as I wipe my tears. I throw the covers off of me and get out of bed. I walk over to the guest room hoping to find James there and to my luck he was. I quietly make my way towards the bed and get under the covers. I burry my face in his chest and wrap my arms around his torso. "I'm sorry." I whisper. He's arms sneak around my waist.

"No I'm sorry. I love you Joni. I'm nothing without you. I need you in my life. I need you to be mine." I move my hands to his cheeks and look up at him.

"I am yours. Forever. I love you." He leans down and kisses me sweetly. This is what I needed. I didn't need to be alone, like I thought. I needed James.

~~

"Mommy!" I hear Nicholas cry loudly. I quickly remove the covers and untangle myself from James' grip, more like rip out of it. I run to his room to see he's not there. I panic even more. I run to the master bedroom and there he stands in the middle of the room.