Under the Hood

Heyy there everybody!! This is a story I wrote for katrocks247's contest about her AWESOME story Death is My BFF (among all the rest of the books that follow this story :D) Anyhoo, I absolutely love all of her books, and encourage anybody who reads this and hasn't read any of hers to DO IT!! DO IT NOW!! I'm pretty sure I've been reading her stories ever since I found Wattpad, finding them in the What's Hot list. So, anyhoo, I take no rights to this story, as mentioned before, this is for her contest, and also purely for fun, because I love her stories! :)

(shout out goes out to firooz because she's awesomely nice and helped me pick the song!! -i dunno if that's legal, and Im sorry, but she's just a saint haha -

Thanks for reading and enjoy! <3

             I remember once that someone told me running relieved their stress.

            That the tempo of your feet hitting the ground, the rhythm of your breath passing through your lungs, the refreshing feeling of getting your heart rate up and getting your blood pumping, melted away all of your stressful dramas and felt good.

            Yeah. Right.

            Running is a pain in the ass! Mainly because I do it so much, running from all the damn stress that’s in my life. Demons. Angels. And of course, Death, my ‘best friend’ (supposedly).

           There’s been a lot of running going on lately for me, obviously. I’ve run away from home, trying to protect my parents from all of this nasty mess. Honestly, its not going so well, since my money is down to five dollars and six cents. I’ve been eating at McDonalds and Burger Kings for two weeks now, and all that blah about them saving me money is bullcrap!

           I’ve been running for the last two weeks from demons. Freaking scary as crap clown demons that show up everywhere. It was like this all day today: Oh look a clown demon at the coffee shop! Hey there’s a clown getting off the bus! Oh man that isn’t a hobo it’s a dirty clown demon!

          Horrible day today.

          I’ve been seeing more clown demons than ever. All day today its seems I’ve seen one every hour, always those white painted faces and red painted lips with dripping black fangs beneath. Giving me a heart attack and making me want to sprint away.

         Oh did I mention that I’m running right now? More of a speedy jog, but…

         Its nighttime, and I’m running through a park. Because I just got fed up with it all!! Everything!! Gabriel had came to me maybe just, what, ten minutes ago?

        You wouldn’t believe how excited I was. I had thought that he’d sensed my distress and come to find me. Then he was telling me that he wouldn’t be able to see me for a long time, because he was going to be speaking with the Elders in a very important meeting thing.

         He’d thought I’d have been more excited when he told me. Frankly, I’d thought he’d have given me some money, or maybe some food…

        Gabriel’d started trying to tell me about this meeting. That it was about something with me. About the Prophecy and that he was trying to convince the Elders about protecting me or something. I’d asked him how long it would take. His beautifully emotionless face had flickered to uncertainty.

        “No less than four months.”

        FOUR MONTHS?

        The way I’m going I’ll probably be dead in like four days, with the assistance of one of the ugly clown demons! I’d curled my arms around myself, backing away from Gabriel, shaking my head. He came forward and caught me gently, wrapping his arms around me.