Bad Direction (One Direction Fanfic)

Concentration. Focus. Game face. Its on.

That's what was going through my mind as I stood in one of Los Angeles most elite dance studio. I was auditioning for a spot against a hundred other girls. Two of them being my two evil step sisters. Isla and Rosalie. They were twins. They kept the upper hand over me and they made sure I knew it.

We were all standing in the room waiting for the judges. A couple girls mingled but I stayed to myself. Why make friends with girls who you would never see again?

One of the judges came in holding a clipboard. She checked it over before speaking in a clear and intimidating voice. "Sorry for the delay." She said in a British accent, "Our guest judge had an autograph signing and was caught up. By the way my name is Olyvia and I am one of the instructors here."

One girl raised her hand and asked "Who is the guest judge?"

Olyvia looked up from the clipboard "Miss..... Lea, is it? You will not speak until spoken to. I do not tolerate such amateur moves in this studio and neither will the other instructors. If you want to survive with the sharks then be a shark. And you should not be focused on such a thing. You should be focused on dance. Our motto is passion before distractions. If you want to make the first cut than I suggest shutting up. Am I clear?"

The girl closed her mouth and had a kicked puppy look on her face. I snorted and rolled my eyes before turning my attention back to the front. Some called me heartless and incapable of feeling. But I called myself.... Detached. I wanted no distractions whatsoever. I had never had a boyfriend although I had been asked many times on account of my looks. I had never had a best friend or really a friend for that matter. Most of them were just passing faces that I saw every day.

"But. I will tell you who our guest judge, or should I saw judges are. Since all of them couldn't make it only two will be showing. Our guests are Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson."

The whole crowd erupted in squeals and excited chatter ans all of the girls were checking their hair and their sports bra and their sweat pants. Rosalie and Isla excitedly whispered "Ohmagawd, ohmagawd, ohmagawd! Its Harry Styles! I am like so in love with him!" They said at the same time. "Which one is you favorite?" They asked me.

"Those names mean nothing to me. Are they supposed to?" I asked.

They both had their jaws open so wide it looked like a dark cave. "Two of the band members from One Direction?" When I gave them another puzzled look they rolled their eyes.

"How do we live with this chick?" Isla asked Rosalie as if I wasn't there.

"I know. Like, we should like get an award. Like, seriously." She said making it sound more like a question than a statement. They both flipped their cherry red hair at the same time and turned their backs on me.

The door opened and a panel of serious looking judges took a seat at the long table at the end of the room. After Olyvia took her seat there were only two seats left. They all had a conversation as the girls continued their excited chatter as I sat there totally tuned out.

There was a knock at the door before two brown haired boys entered. The girls erupted in screams as they jumped up and ran to swarm the poor boys as I sat exactly where I was. Olyvia stood up and yelled, "Enough! Sit down!" Her voice was so intimidating that even the two boys sat down.

Olyvia laughed and said, "No, you boys don't have to sit down. Put your coats up and introduce yourselves."

They threw their coats in one corner of the room before the one with short brown hair that looked liked he just rolled out of bed spoke up, "Hello. My name is Louis Tomlinson."