Remember Me [10]

- C H A P T E R  T E N- 

Maybe he wasn't going to take me to the part that I didn't want to go to. But if he did, I wasn't going to say no. It was time I faced my fears and got over it once and for all. Mum would have wanted that; she would have wanted me to stop being afraid. 

We began walking up towards the entrance when Eric stopped me. 

"I want it to be a surprise," he said. 

"Okay," I replied and nodded. 

He walked behind me and placed both his warm palms over my eyes. I felt better now because I didn't know where I was going. He slowly led me to a place where I felt the grass touching my feet. There was a lot of chatter and laughter and I could hear little kids squealing and saying. "I can't wait to go on the boats." This made me shiver. I had a fear of water and going on a boat and seeing as I haven't swam in a couple of years, I doubt I would know how to swim again, 

"Are you ready?" Eric asked me, interrupting my thoughts. 

I gulp and nodded slowly. "Yes." 

His warm hands disappeared from my face and in front of me was a huge lake with a couple of boats floating around, people enjoying themselves. The lake was bordered with beautiful coloured flowers; it was almost as if I was looking at a rainbow. The aroma was still the same, sweet and nice. Where the lake wasn't, there was a fresh patch of green grass filled with decorated picnic tables and people having their own little buffet. Some were picnicking on the tables and others on a blanket on the floor. There was a huge tree, filled with bright red apples. It reminded me of the time I tried to climb it to get the best apple at the top of the tree and ended up landing on my butt. There was another tree that was just about the same size but this one was a cherry blossom tree was absolutely beautiful. August had just begun and the pink little flowers had already bloomed. The tree had a swing on it, painted in different shades of blue that could fit about three people at a time. 

I smiled as I watched the little kids run around and throw water at each other with their water guns and bottles and others pushing each other on the tree swings, taking turns and some attempted to climb the apple tree, just as I had. It was still the same but now it had a large, white water fountain and around it, it had different coloured tulips. I sighed happily, I loved tulips. They were my favourite flowers but if I were to choose one, it would be the yellow ones because they were so bright and always brought a smile to my face.

"Like it?" a voice asked. 

"Huh?" I said, confused for a moment and then looked at Eric. "Yes, it's... amazing." 

Amazing wasn't the word but I couldn’t think of anything. I had completely forgotten about why I had feared this place so much because I began to fall in love with its surroundings again. 

"I know, right?" Eric smiled, enjoying the view. "Once I saw this place, I knew I had to take you here." 

I nodded my head, unsure of what to say. 

"We can eat later," Eric said, breaking the awkward silence. "Let's get on the boats." 

"We're going on the boats?" I asked, trying to keep my cool. 

"Yep," he said popping the 'p.' That was my next surprise." 

I just stared at his happy and excited face and I knew I couldn’t let him down and ruin all his plans, even if it was last minute. I quickly forced myself to smile before he realises I didn't want to get on the boats at all.