New Story Options

Hey guys! So if I do a story for the Watty Awards, you guys have to promise to read and comment and vote because I'm giving you the choice of which one of these four I would write!! Take a look and let me know what your choice is!

1) Working Title = The Lost Raven. Halyn is the hunter for her people. As an archer, she is unstoppable. She knows the land like the back of her hand. Her tattoos identify her and what she does. She's engaged to the prince of her land (Shaw), and she likes him. Love though? Maybe someday. Patrick comes from the other side of the river. He's never strayed very far from home until he's chased around by some crazy old man. He leaps into the river to escape and manages to reach the other side, only to pass out from exhaustion. Halyn follows the tracks of an animal only run across Patrick. Patrick wakes only to accuse Halyn of holding him captive. She'll laugh and tell him to leave. As he heads out the door he runs into the crazy old man who chased him away. Halyn warmly invites him in and introduces him as Garth. According to Garth, Patrick should stay for a while, though he won't say why. Halyn could care less what he does, but for Patrick its a way to discover a world outside his own with people who live nothing like him.

2) An angel/demon story (no title yet). I don't have character names yet either but here's the teaser thing for it (main char girl is Girl and main char guy is Guy for now lol) Girl is a daughter of the night. Guy is a son of the light. Girl is the protégé of her Dark Lord. Guy is faithful servant of his Queen. The girl can lie and cheat, Guy can only speak and act out the truth. The two seem to start interacting more and more. She teases him, forces him to doubt his blind faith. He hates her for it. She hates him for being so spineless and for always following orders. The two come to find out that they're the two main people in a prophecy:

Daughter of night.

Son of light.

Through Life and Death

Fate shall find

One of four paths forged.

The tie is key,

Ignorance, creation, destruction it be.

Fate has frowned upon two souls.

They come to find out that the four forks are 1) he kills her and light rules. 2) she kills him and dark rules. 3) bond is formed and night and light balance. 4) kill each other and two powers collide and destroy all in their path. And at this point, number 4 is looking likely, though each side is aiming for 1 or 2. Can they go against everyone and find the balance in 3 to save all the mortals around them?

3) Prince of NYC (don't know title yet on this one either). I wrote the prologue for this one, so here it is!

His shop was not well known. It was hidden in the shadow of much bigger and better stores, invisible to all those that walked by it. They were all too wrapped up in their own lives, oblivious to what was just around the corner. And what was just around the corner, well it could change their lives. Make it into something they dared not even dream of. It could take them from the level of a lowly thief to the prince of New York City. Of course there was no real prince of NYC, but there were those who held a lot of power over others.

If only they knew the promise of all he held, hidden away in his store. Still, none even glanced his way. It brought him guilty pleasure, knowing that all these people would never visit his shop, blinded by their own lives. Lives that could be so much better.

Every day, he would sell boxes in his little shop. They looked nice, extravagant even, but were practically worthless. He got a pretty penny for them though. There were some fine boxes to be sure, but none were all that extraordinary. Except for one. One box that was priceless. The story behind it was enough for anyone to kill for. He would set it out in plain view, in the midst of everything else he set on display.

It was a simple box that no one ever looked at. They would pass over it, without a second glance. All the other ornate boxes were so much prettier, so much better, held so much more promise. Every time a customer walked away with one of those other boxes he would simply grin to himself, laughing at their ignorance, their blindness.

Some would become enthralled with his trick boxes. However, they would always leave the store frustrated, never able to open the box. That was his one rule. The customer must be able to open the box in order to buy it. He never had to worry about that, with this one unique box, because no one ever saw it.

He, however, never let that astonishing box out of his sight, for the power within it was dangerous. It could destroy lives, countless lives, should it ever be released.

No, it was not Pandora's box. Many came to him asking if he had such a box, and he would simply laugh. No, what he had was something else entirely. It was something simply trapped in the box. Every day he would set out the box. Every night, he would carefully pack it back up.

This morning he had opened up his small shop once again. Now he sat in the shadow of the building, smirking at all those who passed him by. All those that kept on walking.

His little shop was nothing out of the ordinary. There was nothing to make it stand out, to make people give it a second glance. The only reason people knew about it was through word of mouth. He had some of the finest boxes ever made to be sure, but he never advertised. He was all too content to watch the passers-by, who were too wrapped up in their lives, their schedule.

Therefore, he was mildly surprised to see a lower class woman enter his store. He couldn't see anything else about her, as her face was covered. Except for her blue eyes, wide and innocent. She immediately saw his most prized possession and reached for it. When he came forward she held the box out to him, wanting to purchase it.

"I don't think that you want that box ma'am. There are much prettier ones as you can see." She shook her head then moved the box closer to him.

"Ma'am, I truly think I can find something more suitable..." he trailed off when she sternly shook her head. He looked into her eyes, and knew that she might just be the one he could sell this box to, but first she had to know its story, its history. Then could she try to open the box. If she failed, all memory of this even would be erased, as though it never happened.

"Come with me, for this box has a most interesting history full of romance and hatred, good and evil, and of course magic."

She simply nodded her head and walked forward. The man flipped his open sign to closed, and locked the door, insuring that no one would enter his store.

He walked to the back of his store, towards the door to his back room. The woman followed silently behind him, her footsteps not even making a sound. He opened the door and led her into a square room. The only source of light was that of a single lantern that he lit.

The room was cozy, although rather creepy. The walls were black, but the furniture was white. A balance, one might say, as is always necessary. He motioned for her to sit down, and she did.

"The story I'm about to tell you, although remarkable, is entirely true." He gazed at her expectantly. She did nothing but stare blankly back at him.

"Very well, it all started a long time ago, and yet not so long at all. A balance of timing..."

And so, the man with the precious, plain box, began his tale.

This story would then follow that story, along with switching back to present day and following the story of the woman who wants to buy the box.

4) This one is one that I was just think about for the last couple of days. The narrator would be a girl who names her self Kate... Kate Smith, because although people call it ordinary she thinks it adds mystery to a person. She's decided that she wants to write a story, a romance story. She decides it would be an epic romance tale that would hit just about every cliche of what a woman wants or what a teen girl loves to read. She would know, after all she is one! And so she starts her story with her girl main character, introducing the sexy guy, the always loyal BFF, the adorable guy best friend, the bitchy girl, a twist of the supernatural, maybe some spy stuff or a boarding school... maybe an arranged marriage... whatever comes to her mind as she writes!

So if you guys could tell me what one you want me to write for the watty awards I would greatly appreciate it!! I'll even try and upload super fast on whichever one you choose! So comment and tell me what you think!!! Feel free to spread the word about this too! Thanks everyone!!!