The girl named lenore

Our story begins with a girl named Lenore. This girl was very dark, she hid in the shadows and avoided other children. Mainly because she had beautiful white skin as white and smooth as pearls. Her hair long and black, her eyes a dark brown. She had a very sweet personality but was very accident prone. People called her bad luck galore Lenore. She hated the name but could do nothing about it. The other children laughed at her for being so pale, they called her a freak because she wears mostly black and gray.

One day Lenore was walking through the park to get out in the sun and out of her house. As she walked, she hugging a small doll. She sat on a bench and kicked her feet, watching the clouds move and the other children play. Suddenly a baseball rolls to her feet, 4 boys run up to her and yell at her to give them back their ball. When she reaches down to pick up the ball one boy throws a rock at her, "freak! Weirdo! Go back to your cave!" the boys continued to throw the rocks and insult her.

When the boys left she looked around and grabbed her doll, she stood up and ran home. Once she got home and walked in the door she noticed the house seemed emptier than normal. She looked around and noticed most of the furniture is gone. She gasps thinking her house was robbed. She runs up into her room and finds a note on her bed, she picks the note up and begins reading it.

"Dear Lenore, your father and I cant take anymore of the looks or names. We are leaving you and moving away. We love you." as she read the note she cried softly, now she was all alone in the world with no one. She hugged her doll tighter, tears running down her face. She laid on her bed crying into her pillow. She cried herself to sleep.

When she awoke that night she realized her doll was gone. She looked around, under her bed, around the floor, all in her room. But every where she looked she couldn't find it. She started to panic, thinking someone came and took her. She suddenly heard soft tapping coming from the hall. She walked out as saw that her doll was standing by itself. She stood wide eyed.

"D...dolly? How are you standing?" She asked it, still staring at it with wide eyes.

"I was sent to be your friend. I'm here to protect you Lenore. I'm here to be your friend." the doll replied, it smiling as it speaks. The doll starts walking toward Lenore, its movements seemed almost human. Lenore stood there motionless, her body shaking slightly. As the doll reached her she looked down at it. She slowly picked it up and hugged it.

"Your really gonna be my friend? Your not gonna laugh at me or make fun of me or hurt me?" she asked, slowly smiling, tears welling in her eyes.

"Yes, I will always be your friend. You have nothing to fear." the doll hugged Lenore's arm. Tears ran down Lenore's face, finally having a friend again she smiled. She hadn't smiled since her friend synthia died. She quickly got dressed in a nice black dress and skipped out of her house, locking the door behind her. She skipped to the park, her doll hugged tightly to her chest.

She sat in some shade and talked to the doll, then watched the clouds with her doll. She closed her eyes and fell asleep. When she woke up it was noon. Kids were out playing and people walking about the park. She turned and hugged her doll tightly, her doll looked up at her. "I like you Lenore. You're the best friend ever."

"I like you too dolly, you're the best friend anyone could have." she sat against a tree and watched some kids skip rope. Suddenly a baseball hit her leg softly, the same boys from before surrounded her.

"Well, well, well. Looks who came back, it's the freak! Bad luck galore Lenore!" all the boys laughed evily. Tears rolled down Lenore's face. She couldn't take it any more. She suddenly released a loud scream. This scream had been held up inside her. All her anger and pain and sadness flowed out with the scream, more tears come down her face.

Suddenly her doll stood up, the boys looked at it in shock. "D....did that doll just stand up?" one of the boys asked. As Lenore continued to scream the dolls face turned mad, it being to absorb the energy of Lenore's scream, and it began to grow, and grow, and grow till it was taller than all the trees in the park. The doll yelled loudly and began destroying every thing in site.

As Lenore continued to scream the doll kept growing and destroying everything. It pulled up the jungle gym, the toys and ground. It tore down the baseball cages and pulled the basketball hoops up. It suddenly grew larger and began moving into town. Once it got to town it kicked over buildings, destroyed homes, killed all the towns people. Suddenly Lenore started to stop yelling, she looked around at what her doll had done and she stopped yelling all together.

Once the doll had completely destroyed the town it returned to Lenore, it grew back down to its original size. "Look Lenore, no more people to hurt you! Your safe now!" Lenore looked at her doll, tears still running down her face. Not everyone had been mean to her. The ice cream man was nice to her, so was the butcher and her teacher. She sat against the tree till the sun went down.

Once the sun went down and the stars appeared she stood up. She looked up upon a star. She said in a weak voice "please, take me away from here. I don't wish to be here if no one else is. I don't want to be alone. I need other humans." then the star began to glow brightly. She said in a soft voice "please....please..." suddenly her and her doll began to fade away, they faded and faded till they were no more. And the only things left were sadness and destruction.

So the moral of the story is that all people need friends and all people need pleasant human interaction. If they don't get these needed vitals, something worse than anything else could happen.