I'm Feeling You Baby - Chapter Four

"Swiftie, you have to talk at some point." He sighed as I revved the engine of the old pick up truck.

"I talked..." I said softly. "And I just did again." It was a take back. To see that there was a peanut... I mean baby, inside of me.

He laughed, "So where are we going?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Somewhere."

"Please be happy." He pleaded.

"How can I be happy, Taylor? I don't want this! I have never wanted this!" I slammed on the brakes at the stop sign and started balling my eyes out. I was pounding on the steering wheel and screaming at the top of my lungs. "You don't understand what I'm going through!" I turned and screamed into Taylor’s innocent eyes. "The one time I have sex I get knocked up!"

"That's right..." He shrugged. "I wouldn't." He fell into the back of his seat and threw his hands through his hair.

I pulled my curls back from my face and wiped my eyes. I swallowed hard. "Babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lash out at you like that." He continued to stare at the road with his hand latched on the handle of the door, as if at any moment to break free. "Taylor..." I put my hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry..."

He swallowed and his Adams apple bounced. "Just drive."

I took a deep breath as I turned back to the steering wheel and started driving again. I flicked on the radio to break the silence, and sure enough, Crazy Girl was playing. Tay and I looked and each other and smiled.

"How can I ever stay mad at you?" He laughed then took my hand.

"Fairly simple."

He kissed my hand. "Never, ever! So..." He started. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere that is really important to me!" I giggled. "I have to visit this place every time I come to Nashville."

"I don't have any idea."

"Well then you’re going to have to wait. You'll never guess the place anyway!"

We reached my favorite place ever. Bluebird cafe! Unfortunately they were closed for the long weekend.... Good for me though. I have my own key; I got it when I was 16. And plus, the owner already said it's fine.

"A cafe?" Tay asked with a raised eyebrow as I pulled up. "Seriously."

"Yes! It’s where some like to call it 'discovered' but I prefer, 'found'." I smiled and hopped out of the truck, grabbing my guitar from the back. "Let's go, common!" I opened the door with the turn of a key and grabbed hold of Tay's hand.

It wasn't an overly sunny day in Nashville, but it was nice enough. The sun shone just the right amount, and the whether was perfect. "Ok, so imagine this! I walk in, the place is just... Crowded! Every table is taken and the line is just... Way overwhelming! So, I'm standing there in line, guitar in hand, just really craving a nice caramel latte after a crazy day of school. And all of a sudden this really stressed out looking girl in an apron, comes running up to me from behind the desk. And she says, 'you play guitar?' And before I could reply she says, 'great, you wanna go over there and play something for us?' And then she was gone. So I walk over to the stool in the corner on the stage, and I'm trembling like crazy. I sit down, pull out my guitar and start strumming away, playing A Place In This World. Soon enough, people were tossing anything from the extra change in their pocket to ten dollar bills into my guitar case. After almost everyone left the girl that came up to me before came up to me once again. 'Thank you so much!' She said and she was so happy, then she offered me to come back everyday! I gladly accepted. Later that week, Scott had come in for a coffee. It just so happened I was just about finished playing a song and had gotten up in line behind him. He basically claimed I was really good and asked if I was signed to anyone. I told him no, and then we'll... Long story short, he signed me to his new label, Big Machine Records." I took a deep breath after explaining it.