Its just a voice in my head ?

It's just a voice in my head

I felt like Alice in Wonderland; everything was so strange yet familiar in a way. The only difference in my version of Wonderland is that I'm in an amusement park at night; very creepy but at least I wasn't alone. Others were there riding the attractions, buying cotton candy and some were even playing on those game stands where rarely anyone wins. The lights lit up the dark night, and the chatter and laughter of other kids and adults filled the silence well enough. But my question is, what am I doing in an amusement park? I can't find my friends or Dad or anyone I know. I kept walking in the cold, looking around every now and then, and decided to go to the House of Mirrors. It wasn't really my best decision, but I felt somehow drawn to the eerie little place.

I entered. It was empty, and a cold wind blew through the passage as I walked. Every move I made was reflected in dozens of big and little mirrors. My eyes were big and frightened, and the gentle gusts of wind blew my hair gently about my face. Damn. Bad idea coming in here. As I turned a corner, seeing myself in the many mirrors, I thought I heard someone whisper my name. It was a male voice that was for sure but not a voice I recognized.

Silence. I continued walking, my hands balled into tight little fists.

"Alexandra......" came the voice again, louder this time.

I stopped dead.

"Who's there? How...how do you know my name?" I asked, confused and scared.

"Relax, Alexandra....you will find out soon enough, but I need you to trust me and do what I say." It said again.

"How can I trust you? I don't even know who you are!" I said, my voice shaking audibly.

"But you will, Alexandra. All I need from you as of now.... is to wake up."

"What do you mean wake up?" I said shrilly, as I felt rather than heard the voice fade away.

"Wake up..........."

***********

"Wake up Alex, you're going be late. Oh, come on! I most certainly will throw cold water in your face, don't test me!" my brother's familiar voice yelled. My eyes flew open to see my room, lit with sunshine, looking as normal as ever. No dark room, no mirrors. And no voice...just Zac's annoying one.

"Awww....Zac, five more minutes... " I groaned groggily, pulling the covers up over my face.

"Fine, you can sleep...but I won't give u a ride to school!" he taunted. He very well knew that this would wake me up instantly...for the simple reason that I would have to walk to school and get sweaty and my hair would frizz up. I was not going to school looking like a frizzy, sweaty freak.

"Ok, ok... I'm up!" I complained, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "You know, you should really stop with the 'not take me to school' thing. It's getting to be quite the wakeup call."

"Yeah...that's the point, Alex." Zac said. "Now go get ready."

He left the room, a smug smile on his face.

I got up, went to the bathroom and took a shower. The cold water did the final wake up touch, and I hurriedly got out. I dried myself and went to my closet. I just got a pair of Jean Capri, a yellow V-neck and some yellow pumps to go with them. I went back into the bathroom to quickly put on some make up: eyeliner, mascara and Chap Stick.....the usual. I just let my dyed jet black hair loose to my waist. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. Dad had left 200 bucks for me and my brother to spend the weekend while he went to New York. I took a hundred for me and left the other to my brother. I could hear Zac honking at me so I went out the door and locked the house.