CHAPTER 3

Alina quietly let herself into her flat. She spent an hour in the shower, trying to erase Tomas Casiraghi's touch from every part of her body. She had a better chance of erasing London from the continent. She lay in bed and tried to shut her eyes, but he invaded her thoughts. Her mind was hell bent on performing a post mortem.

How could one man be that gorgeous? His kisses were mind blowing, his touch explosive. His smile made one weak at the knees. His sexy voice hypnotised you and his possession was ---earth shattering. Not for one single second did Alina regret surrendering her virtue to him. She had kissed other men. None aroused her even remotely to give up her innocence. Yet the very first second she'd laid eyes on Tomas Casiraghi, she was attracted to him so madly, going to bed with him was a fait accompli.

Why had he been so presumptuous? How could he have been so judgemental to assume she was sleeping with him to benefit Rose Acre? Where was the logic in that? It was not her company. Alina groaned painfully. She was going to have hell with Leona Gordon tomorrow. How did this Tomas Casiraghi thing explode like it did? Why was he in his London office at that particular moment? Why didn't she send her assistant to start the decor? Why didn't she say no to typing that damn letter and Tomas had been disgusted that she'd accepted the money he'd offered. Why did he offer it? If he was going to cruelly judge the person who accepted his generous offer, why make the offer? His outburst was so unkind---so hurtful. If only Alina could give him back the money, but then she'd already paid the bills and  bought adorable Emily shoes.

Why was life so cruel? Why was there so much more pain, anguish and anger than love, peace and joy?

The frustrating thing was, as she lay on her cold bed alone, she wished Tomas' warm muscular body was lying next to her, comforting her. She longed to feel his lips on her throat, caressing her shoulder, on her lips, and deep down inside her she craved his possession...so much, it ached.

     'You're fired!'
'What?'

Alina shut her eyes. It was not really a surprise. How am I going to take care of Emily and Caroline?

'I got a call from Casiraghi himself last night,' Leona Gordon shrieked. 'He said he "...won't be solicited and that my company's services will no longer be required."
Leona slammed her palm on her table. Alina shrunk back in her chair.

'What did you do?'

Had sex with him.

'Did you proposition him?' Leona demanded.

'No!'

'He refused to explain himself,' Leona glared at Alina, 'but I was this close to getting the contract,' Leona lifted her thumb and index finger close to her face, 'and you,' she barked at Alina, 'you've ruined me. What are we going to do with all that food you've prepared?' Leona screamed like a banshee.

'I---.'

'Get out!' Leona ripped across all the paperwork on her table. 'Get out,' she raged again.

Twice in less than twelve hours by her very first lover and then her boss!

'I'm sorry,' Alina mumbled. She hovered at the door.

'Go collect the pay that is due to you. I never want to see you again,' Leona's voice was soft yet final.'

Alina rushed out. Her hand covered her mouth as she attempted to stifle her unchecked sobs. After collecting her pay, she determined to redeem some semblance of self respect. She wrote Tomas Casiraghi's name on an envelope, inserted the exact amount he'd paid her and scribbled him a note.

Alina did not bother signing it. There can't be many "whores" that he'd paid in the last twenty four hours, even though she suspected he had a very virile libido. She hand delivered the envelope to the London office of Tomas Casiraghi. She had no desire to see or meet him so she made sure he would receive her envelope.