[Chapter Fifty Nine]

edited by m-e-r-m-a-i-d & gothicmetalangel07

Chapter Fifty Nine

The feeling of someone shaking my shoulder pulls me out of my sleep. Still dazed, I rapidly blink my eyes open to see Archer leaning over the front seat of the car.

"Riley, we've arrived back at the hotel," he says, pulling back to sit in his chair.

"Okay." I nod my head. I feel the need to settle back in my chair and fall back into my comfortable sleep, but the seat belt rubs against my neck. "I need my bed," I mumble.

Picking up my mask from the seat next to me, I put it back on. Only a couple more minutes until I can tear these clothes off and cuddle up in my pyjamas and sleep. I quickly stretch out my limbs before pushing the door open.

A bright camera flash stings my eyes. I'm temporarily blinded, but after a couple of blinks the little black dots disappears. The flashing lights around me manage to shake off whatever feeling of sleep was inside me. I guess I could have bared Ava's restaurant appearance.

"Sienna, look this way," someone shouts.

"Are you and Alex dating?"

"When are you going to take the mask off?" another person calls. A shred of annoyance pulses through my veins. If I'm still wearing my mask, then it obviously means I'm not ready. I can't even be bothered with their silly questions. I lower my head and flick my hair in front of my face. I know I should be posing for photographs or saying something cryptic to make people more curious but I honestly can't be bothered.

Voices and flashes continue to swirl around me as Archer and I push our way through the crowd and into the entrance of the lobby. The closed in room shuts out a majority of the noise from outside, but it still doesn't limit the vibrant flashes of light. We can't get everything we want, can we?

"I'm never going to get used to that." I shake my head as I stare at the people pressed up against the windows.

"Do you know if Alex is back yet?" I ask Archer. Ava never returned back to the sign in room and so now I'm stuck without my phone. Just when I need it the most to flag down Alex, I'm stuck going to bed alone. I could really do with a friend to talk to right now!

"He's gone to make his appearance at the restaurant."

"I feel awful about not going," I confess.

"Means an early bed time so I'm not complaining."  He shrugs his shoulders. My mouth pops open, and he laughs at me. "Get yourself up to bed now, I have to get back to work," he commands.

"I'm moving, I'm moving," I call over my shoulder. Archer shakes his head disapprovingly and I just grin back at him.  I hop into the first available elevator and press the button to my floor. Just as the doors are about to close, someone yells out.

"Hold the door," a male voice shouts. Looking up, I see a blonde teenager rushing towards me. I immediately stick my arm out to stop the moving doors, but I regret my action as soon as I recognise his face. 

Why does he always seem to appear when things are inconvenient?

"Thanks for holding the door," Nathan says as he walks in. He grabs a hold of the wooden railing on the side as he starts to regain his even breathing.

"You're welcome." I smile.

Once he's caught his breath, he turns around to face me. I try to angle myself away, but the mirrors surrounding us don't conceal anything.

"Hi, I'm Nathan." He puts out his hand for me to shake. Reluctantly, I turn around to face him. Taking his soft warm hand in mine, I shake his hand.