4 | "My back is killing me"

~Yasmin's POV~

     I walked away from Blake and let my feet carry me around the building. I had no idea where I was going and I didn't care. I kept thinking about Blake's lips on mine and how I had felt complete in his arms. Stop it Yasmin, I chastised myself. You can't have another man controlling your life.

     I turned into a random room and found myself in the kitchen. Opal was there with two other women around the same age as her. The two other women smiled at me and I felt ashamed and a little angry when I saw pity in their eyes. They know, I thought to myself.

     "Yasmin, sorry about just leaving you there," Opal said with a genuine smile. "I was just about to get you. What would you like to eat?"

     I shrugged. "I don't mind. Whatever there is."

     She told me what there was and I listened without really taking any of it in. My eyes had wandered to the window. All of the children I had seen before were now outside and my heart quickened as I saw Blake playing with them.

     "...is that okay?" Opal asked.

     It took me a moment to realise that she was talking to me.

     "Oh, yeah... yes, that's fine," I answered. I really didn't care what I had to eat.

     "It'll be ready in about half-an-hour," one of the other women said. "Do you think you can wait that long?"

     I smiled and nodded at her. "Yeah, that's fine."

     Opal suggested that I take a look around the village and led me outside.

     "If you're lost, ask anyone and they'll direct you back here," Opal said to me. "Just take a little while to look around and take everything in. I'm sure you've got a lot to think about now that you're free from Paul."

     "Yeah, I have," I told her. "Thanks."

     She smiled and headed back inside the house.

     I absentmindedly walked around the side of the house and came to the area where the children were playing. I saw Blake again along with four other guys (who were also wolves) laughing and playing with them.

     I was absent-mindedly just walking by when I saw something red coming towards me in the corner of my eye.

     "Yasmin, look out!" I heard Blake cry.

     I didn't really think about, I reached out and deflected whatever it was. When I looked to see, I saw that it was a bright red Frisbee and I had knocked it on top of the roof and it didn't look like it was gonna come down on its own.

     Blake had come over to me.

     "Sorry about that, you okay?" he asked.

     I nodded shyly before looking at the roof with the Frisbee. "Sorry, I didn't mean for it to fly that far."

     He smiled. "It's okay."

     "Alpha Blake!" the kids shouted. "The Frisbee!"

     "Alright guys," he told them.

     Flashing me a heart-melting smile, he ran over to the kids and asked them to help him. I was about to keep walking when three of the little girls came over to me and tugged on my tank top. Goddammit, why are they so adorable?! I thought as I slowly sank down to their height.

     "Hi," they chorused together.

     "Hi," I said with a smile. "What are your names?" They had to be related, they looked so alike.