Chapter Fourteen ~ Sapphire & Emerald

I could hear Emerald's hurrid footsteps behind me, gaining on me. Oh crap. She's gonna catch up with me. Come on feet, run faster!

Out of the blue, I felt a hard push behind me. I stumbled and miss a step. Without a step to place my foot on, I tumbled forward. "Ahhhhh!" I let out a shriek as I tumbled down the stairs. I finally stopped at the landing but pain was everywhere. I could feel blood ozzing out of my head but I couldn't do anything at all. I could only lay there, motionless as blackness overwhelmed me.

~Emerald~

"Sapphire!" I screamed as I rushed down the stairs hurriedly. Nothing must happen my Jie. Nothing.

I reached Sapphire's not-moving body and touched her pulse. It was there. Faint but it was there. Fishing my handphone out of my pocket, I dialed 995 so fast that my fingers were a blur.

"My sister...she fell down the stairs and...there's blood coming out of her head." I told the operator frantically. The operator told me to calm and tell her everything that happened. I told her everything apart from our argument. Something told me to keep that to myself.

"Okay, the ambulance would come in a few minutes." the operator informed me before hanging up.

"Okay, Emerald. Everything would be fine. Relax, relax." I took a few deep breaths before glancing at Sapphire. I quickly took a few pieces of tissue and press it onto Sapphire's head to stop the bleeding. Pretty soon, my hands were soaked in Sapphire's blood.

I tried not to gag at the sight of the red liquid everywhere. Quickly as I could, I pressed down the tissue paper, trying to stop the flow of the blood.

Minutes later, the ambulance came. The paramedics swiftly lifted Sapphire up and took her down to the ambulance. I tried not to cry while telling one of the paramedics what had happened and Sapphire's and mine particulars.

"Have you informed your parents?" the paramedics asked kindly and I immediately shook my head. "No, I haven't."

"Call them now, dear." she said before leaving me to give me some privacy.

"Mum? Sapphire's...she's...in the hospital." I started to say but sobs erupted throughout me.

"What? Tell me everything now." Mom ordered, starting to panic.

~~~

Pretty soon, Mom and Dad and me reached the hospital. After waiting for the operation to end, the doctor finally came out of the operating room.

"How's my daughter?" Mom asked, frantic but the doctor shooked his head slowly. "Your daughter is out of danger now but...she's in a coma now."

"What? You mean...Sapphire is practically a vegetable?!" I screamed and Dad grabbed my arm.

"There might be a chance of her waking up but...please be mentally prepared." The doctor informed us before parting.

No way. No way in hell is Sapphire gonna be a vegetable. I told myself but I knew that she will. And it would all be because of me, a fucking whore.

~~~

I stared at my sister sadly. Her eyes were shut and I feared that they would never open again. Her body lay limply on the bed, without any sign if moving.

My feet moved by themselves and I found myself in front of Sapphire. I dropped to the floor as tears began to fall by themselves.

What have I become? I was the monster who caused my sister this horrible state. All because of a boy.

"姐姐,我对不起您。是我害了您。是因为我您才变成这样!" (Older Sister, I did you wrong. It is I who harmed you. Is because of me did you become like this!) I cried out as my body shook with sobs. "我求求您。请您起来。这样我才能安心。爸和妈很担心。" (I beg of you. Please wake up. This way can I not be worried. Dad and Mom are very worried.)

Like I expected, Sapphire did not wake up. I didn't know how I knelt there, waiting.

~~~

For the last few parts, I wrote it in Chinese cuz if it was said in English, it would be very weird...o.O You can read the English version but it wouldn't make much sense...

I'm terribly sorry for going on hiatus without informing you guys. Sorry! ^^