Chapter 26

I woke up early the next morning, with a pounding head. Why in the world would I have a pounding head? I haven't even done anything yet. Actually, I just woke up. Maybe it is due to the lack of sleep I have been having for these few weeks. That is very likely. And to top that up, I feel so tired. But how is that possible? I just woke up!

My pounding head is killing me.

I feel like taking some painkillers right now, but sadly, I don't have any. It never occurred to me that I would need to use painkillers as many have said that they are not good for one's health. But honestly, I think the pain is worst.

Pound, pound, pound. Oh my goodness gracious me! This is so painful. I can barely concentrate on my surroundings. My eyesight is getting a little blurry. Argh! I tried to check the time, which I successfully did. Yay. Note the dull tone of that yay.

So... It's only three in the morning. Makes sense as to why I feel so tired even though I just woke up. I rested my head back onto my pillow and closed my eyes. I can still feel my head pounding, but I tried my best to ignore the pain, though I am quite sure that it's going to be a futile attempt.

Which proved to be a not so vain attempt after all. Because I managed to drift off to dreamland, and my headache was soon forgotten as the dream swallowed up all of its pain.

The next time I woke up, it wasn't so very early, and I felt a lot better, especially my headache. It's gone! Whoop! Insert smiley face here. I got up and rubbed my eye sleepily.

I had a feeling that I was supposed to do something now... But I just can't place my finger on it...

Wait! I know what it is! The information... The one that Desmond gave me.

"Yeah? What about it?" a small voice replied.

I ignored it and retrieved it from under my pillow. Now, before doing anything else, I decided to read it all at one go. Hopefully, I will learn everything I want to... Or maybe even try to 'read between the lines' as my Lit teacher always says.

And so, that is what I'll try doing!

Try what will I do?

Read between the lines, that's what! And try will I!

Gosh, now I sound like Yoda. Ah well!

I unfolded the paper and started reading it slowly and carefully, to make sure that my brain absorbs every single word of it.

"There was once a girl who goes by the name of Geraldine, or rather, Dina. She went to Paris in the year 2007, when she was nineteen, to further her studies in culinary arts. Or at least, that was what her parents thought.

But, before she left, she met someone in her senior year back when she was still in high school, Desmond. She did end up going to Paris, but not all alone. Desmond had followed, her, for they were already going out.

And she did go to Paris to further her studies. But that was not her one sole purpose of choosing Paris to further her studies.

When she found out about something in her freshmen year in college, that was when she contacted them. To do a job for her... Which she knew had it coming all along anyway..."

And that was when I remembered the letter that Gray had found from the office. Could this Dina be the same person who wrote that letter five years ago? Could this Geraldine – or rather, Dina – be the same Geraldine that I know? As in, Gray's sister...