3: In Which She Completely Sucks

********************************

“Could we please address the elephant in the room?”

I shouldn’t have been so pissed off when Reed continued to ignore me. The basement was so freaking arctic today yet he wore a paint-spattered T-shirt and board shorts. We were matching, actually, though my shorts were cargo pants and my T-shirt was still sparkling white.

But there was the fact that I would probably be getting my CCW permit revoked when I inevitably shot and killed my client for giving me the silent treatment.

I tried to be a little polite in my approach. “It’s been over a day now, Mr. Lancaster. While I’m grateful that you haven’t told your brother – or, worse, my father – about what happened, I think we should discuss it like adults.” I waited a beat, growing more annoyed by the second. “I discovered that you masturbate to lesbian porn and have a big penís.”

Reed was behind an easel, his large frame only partially hidden by it. Releasing a groan of frustration, he suddenly knocked the whole thing over, sending it flying to the ground. He snapped his head in my direction.

“You’re distracting me,” he bit out, running a hand through his permanently messy hair.

Yeah, well, so are you, I thought, because my mind had taken up permanent residence in the gutter where Reed was concerned. Seriously, my mind had more bacteria on it than Hef’s bed in the Playboy Mansion.

I cleared my throat and tried to clear my mind in the process. “Sorry. Need any help?” Before he could protest, I was wending my way through his other work and heading towards him. He straightened, retreating. “God, Reed, for one fúcking second, don’t look at me like I’m gonna jump your fúcking bones,” I snapped.

Silence stretched and I mentally cursed my verbal diarrhea as I watched a blush slow ascent of a blush up Reed’s neck. I was close enough to see a tiny spot of what looked like green paint on his chin and because I had nothing else to lose, I reached out and wiped it away with the pads of my fingers. He flinched, his green eyes wary. They were speckled with gold, those eyes. The bright light down here made sure I saw that and suddenly, I was a lot closer to those eyes because one of us had closed the space between us and it was kind of hard to breathe when I was craning my neck and sinking in a green sea…

Damn it, I’m hot for this guy.

I hadn’t realised that my fingers were still on Reed’s chin until his moved over mine and burned them. That was how hot his skin was.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I said on an exhale. My eyes drifted down to the tiny space between us, to the impressive bulge in his shorts, before travelling back up to meet his penetrating gaze. “Oh. Oh. That’s for me, huh?”

Reed blushed, trying to retract his hand. I wrapped my fingers around his, holding him there, before I stepped forward and into the heat his body radiated. God, this was weird and so unprofessional but Reed and I had long crossed that line and I just…couldn’t…help it.

His closeness was doing things to me; things to my pússy, to my nipples, to my goddamn toes. I was aching all over and it had started the moment I saw this man naked and covered in his own cum. His erection was pressed against my abdomen, hard and I was two seconds away from getting on the tips of my toes and rubbing against him and purring.

“Lena,” Reed breathed, “m-maybe you should –”

“Go?” I cut in, pushing my hands into his soft, soft hair. He winced when that exposed his scarred cheek but didn’t stop me. “No, you want me, Mr. Lancaster, and I want you.”