Chapter twenty seven

Bellie's point of view

After a while of sulking and staying away from everyone at the wake, Dade had slipped away. I guess we weren't paying too much attention to him when we should have. He was freaking out, completely breaking down. He was crying and shaking and sweating- god, it was awful. It was so sad seeing him like that. And Dade was usually the calm one out of us, always keeping all of us level headed. But I guess the stress was getting to him.. It was getting to all of us, really. What freaked me out most was the fact he was in Violets house.. He had tried to get both of them.. But Violet wasn't there.. weird.. Anyway, that really got us all really paranoid. And then with Victoria.. Dade just couldn't handle it all. 

    "He went down the hall." Maddi said, standing on her tippy toes to see over the massive crowd. She sure did have a lot of friends. I pushed both her and Violet out of my way, and strode down the hall. I would find Dade, comfort him, and then we would admit our love for each other and share a passionate, yet very careful, kiss. Okay, so maybe i'm getting ahead of myself. But thats just what I do. I'm Isabella Emily Carson and I'm a hopeless romantic.

    Violet and Maddi trailed after me, following the twists and turns of the all- too- cheery funeral home. I finally stopped at the mens bathroom, after hearing the muffled sobs of a familiar dark haired friend. I sighed, and knocked on the door. "Dade?" I asked, quietly, not wanting to sound demanding or anything. He didn't answer, so i grabbed the knob and jiggled it slightly. Locked. "Damn..' I muttered underneath my breath. "Dade, open up.." I said, playing with the knob again. Violet groaned and pushed me away slightly, kicking the door down with her foot. How does she do that?

    Dade stood up quickly, noticing Violet standing in front of the now off the hinges door. He brushed his eyes, which were no longer wet, just red and puffy, and walked towards us. He handed me the note, without saying anything. I looked down at it and felt a small gasp leave my lips. 

    A little later, while everyone was starting to break away from the casket and talk amongst themselves, we were looking for whoever it could be. Maddi said she kinda remembered what he looked like.. So we were searching around all the people. Violet and I had browsed through the sign in book, to see if anybody's hand writing matched up with the note. Nobody's did, and although i didnt say it, i was kinda relieved. That meant he wasn't here with us. But still, we started looking around. 

   We meet back up with Maddi, and i noticed Dade wasn't with her anymore. "He went to talk to some people.." Maddi trailed off, but Violet and I had already glanced at eachtoher and started running. Dade when he gets nervous.. God, the things thta boy said. He just went on and on and said whatever he was thinking.

   We found him by the entrance. He walked up to a guy, presumeably in his twenties, and his friends. He stared at them for a moment, and then blurted out "Are you guys stalking us? Did you kill anyone?"  Violet sighed and we walked towards him, grabbing each of his arms and dragging him away to a private area up the stairs. When we got up there, He looked at me like a little puppy. 

   "What did i do?" He asked innocently. 

   "You can't just go around asking if people are murderers!" I scolded him, and opened my mouth to say more, but was interrupted by Maddi calling us. I walked down stairs, irritated by the fact she should be up here yelling at Dade for being an idiot with us, but she was downstairs probably stuffing her face. 

   We jogged down the stairs, and found her standing at the podium by the door. "What, Maddi?" I asked. She looked down at the book. "Somebody's handwriting matches perfectly.." I grabbed the book away, and placed the note right up to the book. She was right. The handwriting matched perfectly with Maddi's name. 

    She looked at us with scared eyes. "I never signed in.." 

(So what do you think, Players? good chapter? Sorry for the long uodate, I was super busy! But, as to our contest, no one had guessed the title correctly :( But have no fears, i will give you one more clue. The initials are H.O.H, and is a song. The big hint is.. The song is by a band named Go Radio! so go hurry and find it and win! and, just to let everyone who was guessing it know, the title is NOT House Of Horrors. everybody has been guessing that, lolz. Enjoy!)