Chapter 13

I woke up to banging on my door. I groaned, not wanting to get out of bed. Plus I was tired; I’d had a late night.

Bang, bang, bang.

“Paige! Wake up!”

That voice was too low to be a girl’s. It had to be one of the boys. Why did Darcy let them in?!

“Don’t make us come in there!” another boy’s voice said.

That made me wake up. Last night had gotten warm, so I was only wearing my underwear and a tank top.

“I’m up!” I managed to yell. “Do not come in here or I will make sure you can’t go anywhere ever again!”

“Well, hurry!” another voice yelled. “We’re going to the beach!”

“Alright; now let me get ready in peace,” I said, getting up. I got my bikini and denim shorts out of the bamboo dresser. I locked my door and changed into them, leaving my hair naturally down. Since I was going to be getting drenched, I didn’t worry about make-up.

I left my room and met Liam, Niall, Darcy, and Danielle in the main area. Couples’ galore.

“Where are the others?” I asked.

“They’re already at the beach,” Darcy said. She tossed me a bottle of sunscreen, which I luckily caught. “Put some of that on before you join us.”

The four of them walked out of the condo together.

I looked out the front door’s window in between the bamboo blinds. Louis and Harry were splashing each other in the water, and the four that just left were laying out towels. But there was no Zayn. He must have stayed back at the boys’ condo. So that’s where I was going to go.

I quickly rubbed sunscreen all over my skin and exited the condo. I walked barefoot across the sand, in the direction of my destination.

“Hey, Paige! Where you goin’?” Darcy called out. She waved her hand for me to join them.

“I’m taking a walk!” I shouted back. Without waiting for a response, I turned away from them and started walking.

:~:~:~:~:~:~:

I finally reached the condo, completely worn out. I barged in without welcome, flopping down on the couch.

“Thought you might come over,” Zayn said, coming from the kitchen. He opened a water bottle and handed it to me.

“Thanks,” I gasped. I quickly drained half of the bottle.

“Did you walk here?” he mocked, feigning surprise, referring to my surprise when he walked all the way to my place.