Rayne and Trinity

Chapter 4

"I didn't want you to come with me okay!" I grumbled walking across my room with my phone sandwiched between my ear and shoulder.

"Why? I'm your boyfriend doesn't that mean I'm supposed to take care of you babe?" Stuart mumbled back to me.

"I can take care of myself just fine. I don't need anyone else to do that for me."

"Trinity, you know you can rely on me right?"

I rolled my eyes at his statement. Rely, my ass. The only thing he's going to do if I rely on him is take advantage.

"I'm managing fine this way." I snapped.

"Why do you have to be so uptight for god's sake!"

I gasped audibly at that. The nerve of this SOB! "Excuse me?" I screeched.

"Whatever" He replied before hanging up.

I stared at the phone for a few minutes before dropping it on my bed. It has been a week since Leo told me about Stuart's knowledge about my clubbing. I didn't know why he waited for seven more days to call up and confront me but I surely knew that he had not just called me uptight for that.

It was because he tried holding my hands in hallway which I swatted away saying someone might see. It was a lame excuse since everyone knew about me and him being a couple but I had no intention of holding his hand. Let alone allow him to hold mine.

He had been grumbling since then. I guess I'll have to break up with him soon enough. Staying around him was risky now.

I made my way to my closet. There was a open house party nearby, most of the people from my out-of-school friend circle were going. So I decided why not?

My father was coming home tomorrow night and I would love to spend my last night of freedom. I don't think I'll be able to leave mom alone with him here for going to a party.

When I found myself looking civil enough I decided it for the time to leave.

"Where are you going?" I heard my mother ask when I was close to the exist.

I let out a deep breath before turning to her and said, "Out"

"Your father is coming back home tomorrow night. Come home before that and stay safe."

"I'll try" I breathed out.

I didn't wait to hear her reply, I was out of the door by the time she opened her mouth. I waited for the view Alex's car while texting Cade that I'll be there in fifteen minutes. I didn't dare mention Alex because Cade gets creeped out whenever she is around. He thinks she's a bad influence on me.

You see, Alex was a wild child. She believed in living in the moment and by living I mean using her womanhood to the fullest. But hey, who am I to judge? She's a gem of a friend.

"Rayne! Over here!" Alex yelled, waving her hand at me frantically. I locked my phone before jogging to Alex's car. She was holding the door open for me hence I hopped in with ease.

"I have been calling you for two whole minutes." Alex snapped holding out two of her fingers, to emphasize on the two minutes she called me.

"I was texting Cade" I blurted out before looking outside the window. Alex had already started the car and the view outside was getting blurry.

Her VW bug had an amazing speed pick up because within minutes it felt like we were racing down the street. I closed my eyes relishing the feeling and occasionally bobbing my head to the song playing.

"Finally surfaced above doubts
Feeling above this, she came around
Cause she's a goddess, finally saw this" Alex hummed along the song.

"What song is it?" I asked intrigued by the lyrics.

Alex smirked before continuing to hum the other part. "Now you gotta deal with this glitch on your shoulder
Fuckîng with a goddess and you get a little colder
Yea it's colder, colder
Fuckîng with a goddess, and you get a little colder"

I raised my eyebrow at her as Alex stopped the car at a signal and turned to me. "How's your boyfriend?" She asked.

I huffed, taken of-guard by her sudden question. "He's good" I murmured.

"Goddess by Banks" She replied before revving the engine and speeding down the lane. "I thought you'd say he's gay."

I couldn't help but crack a smile at her comment. "Well I don't know if he is, its not like we're in that part yet."

"I know, you don't look at each other that way. Like, I-want-rip-your-clothes-off look, it's more like you-better-stay-in-your-clothes kind of look." Alex mumbled.

"Woah! That's deep coming from you Ms Smarty Pants" I commented, also rolling my eyes dramatically.

"Whatever Rayne" She grumbled focusing back on the road.

Rayne. It was my middle name and everyone, except the people at my school called me by this. I don't know why my first name made me feel vulnerable. It felt like disclosing a part of my life if I introduced myself by that. Hence, I was known as Rayne mostly

Cade said I had two whole different personas with the two names. Trinity is a pure soul, she trusts easily, she can't judge people properly, she overthinks and she's vulnerable. A dangerous kind of vulnerable which had destroyed her. That was where Rayne came in, she didn't trust anyone, she talked sarcasm and she was guarded. A dangerous kind of guarded that didn't allow any show of emotions.

Although, there was still a portion of Trinity left in me. Even after she was crushed by someone she called her Hero. Trinity survived, not totally, but partly. Leaving me in the complicated situation I'm in now. I can't freaking break up with Stuart because he's my friend even if I'm unhappy.

"Miss Zone-Out-All-The-Time, we're here" Alex chirped giving me a light shake. I glared at her for the new name she gave me which she waved off with a smirk.

I ran my fingers through my hairs before opening the door and slamming it shut. I checked my reflection in the mirror and fixed my shirt. I looked ready to use the night, drown in a few drinks and enjoy the night.

But oh boy I was wrong. Totally freaking wrong.

"Missed me babe?" Stuart's annoying voice spoke as stepped in front of me.

Miss, my ass!