Chapter 1

Sophie sat in class watching as the last five minutes of her senior year counted down. The bell rang and she quickly gathered her things set out for her long walk home. Walking out of the school for the last time she turned and glanced back at the school.

"Good riddance," she said to the big brick building as a smile formed on her lips. Spinning around she left and was more than happy to.

She began her walk home watching the kids in the neighborhood play in their front yard. She had babysat most of them over the last few summers but hoped this year would be different. Continuing her walk, she soon spotted her mom sitting on the front porch. Her mom always sat there waiting on her to get home and today was no different.

"Hey there Miss Sophia," her mom yelled waving her hand, watching as she made her way down the sidewalk towards the house.

"Hello mom," she responded. "You know you don't have to watch me walk home anymore after today." watching as her moms smile turned to a frown.

"Yes I know honey," her mom said, the tears forming in her eyes. "My little baby is growing up," as she wrapped her arms around her neck crying on top of her head. The tears rolling down her mom's face soaking the top of Sophia's head.  

Sitting her stuff down on the porch she hugged her mom back knowing she was always crying and being way to over dramatic. Her mom released her grip and looked Sophia in the face.

"Your dad and I have a surprise for you," she informed Sophia watching as she picked her stuff up off the porch and walked into the house. "Honey, Soph is home," her mom said, screaming for her dad.

Sophia walked into the kitchen and sat her stuff down before pulling the chair out at the table and sitting down. Her dad quickly made his way into the kitchen and stood beside her mom wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Do you want me to tell her or do you want to?" he asked her mom, staring into her crying eyes.

"You are going to have to do it," her mom answered him through muffled cries. Sophia stood up and handed her mom a tissue before sitting back down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENJOY I HOPE YOU LIKE IT VOTE& COMMENT