Chapter 9C

Jade resigned herself to doing dishes with him. A wayward part of her couldn't help but picture how homey this looked, both of them working together in the kitchen. She snapped herself back to reality. Men like Nick didn't do homey stuff with women; they slept with them. Jade could feel a warm blush creeping up her cheek along with anger. She hoped it didn't reach her cheek. He stood so close to her, she could almost feel his body heat. She stole a glance at him, he appeared lost in thought as he cleaned the plates; his brow furrowed in concentration. 

She finished the last of the dishes, wiped her hands on a rag. She stood on tiptoes and began to stack the pots and pans on the upper shelves. Done with it, she was about to turn when she inhaled his purely masculine body scent. And then she turned right into his chest. She hadn't known he was standing so close. Her breath hitched somewhere in her throat as she looked up at him. He was looking straight at her, the hunger evident in his eyes. Then his eyes fell on her lips and he drew her closer by her hip. 

His head bent towards hers. 

"Touch Me," he whispered, his eyes darkening. 

She could almost taste him. She ached for his kiss. Her hands automatically lifted from its dormant position and rested on his broad chest. 

She felt shy at first, but at the satisfaction and pleasure on his face, she grew more brazen and explored his chest, loving the feel of his hard strong body against her soft plush one. He made her feel feminine and she loved it. 

She knew she wanted him so bad.  

She sighed as he closed the last distance between them and fastened his lips on hers. 

His kiss was hard, demanding, and purely masculine. There was a low groan. It took a hazy moment to realize that it came from Nick, not her. Jade sighed and lost herself in the delicious wantonness that was Nicholas.  

Nick's hand tightened possessively around Jade's waist. The rage that had been boiling in him was calming. Whenever he pictured Ryan on top of Jade, he couldn't control flash the white-hot jealousy and anger that seared through him.  e ground out against her lips. She moaned softly into his mouth, driving him crazy. Nick held her head and buried his hand in her hair, angling it and exploring the insides of her mouth. His breath was coming in short ragged drags. When she pressed harder against him, restless and pliant in his arms, his hand slipped under her shirt eager to cup a heavy breast. 

His mouth moved lower on to the satiny skin of her neck. Her breath audibly caught in her throat as she ground against him restlessly.

He growled at the sound of footsteps advancing closer. He swore and set Jade away from him gently. 

She looked disoriented and flushed, like a woman who'd been thoroughly kissed.  

Satisfaction coursed through him at the sight of her pressing her hands to her lips and savouring the feel of his mouth on hers.

Julie and biggy stumbled in. Nick was sure that they knew what had been going on two seconds ago from the look on their faces. From Jade's pink face and his appearance, they'd probably put two and two together, he was willing to bet they'd figured it out.

"You guys wanna watch a movie or something?" Julie recovered quickly. 

"No thanks. I was just leaving. Thanks for lunch" he answered for both of them. 

"Good" biggy smiled. 

"You're welcome" Julie grinned and winked. 

Nick took Jade's hand gently and tugged. 

"See me off?" 

They walked in silence until they reached his car, which was parked out far on the grounds. That was probably why she hadnt seen it at first. She fiddled with the hem of her shirt, too embarrassed to look up at him. He lifted his chin with her finger and looked into her eyes.

"We can't keep doing this Jade. No more games".

"Oh," she hadn't expected him to be so blunt. 

"S...so, what do you want me to d...do?" her lower lip trembled.  

Nick had the urge to take it in his mouth and suck on it.

He shook his head but the image didn't clear. 

"We'll see". 

He pressed a kiss to her lips before opening the car door and getting in. He drove out of the compound. Jade stood there long after he had gone, unfamiliar emotions coursing through her and she didn't know how to deal with them. 

If she didn't stop now while she was ahead, she doubted she would ever be able to break her fall. And she feared she was already falling fast with no one to catch her, she was falling in love with Nick Colby. 

**********************

Thankyou for reading!

Please Vote and Comment!