Chapter Ten- Playing Dumb

Hey, Hi, Hello.

Here's chapter ten. Sorry if it sucks-some training plus part one of the chunin exams. The upcoming chapters will be the forest of death, followed by the prelim fighting and one month gap. After that, I'll finally finish up the chunin exams. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, as well as comment and vote. The song is the latest from my favoritest band eveeerrr, Yellowcard~~ So happy(: hahaa, new album. I hope this chapter doesn't reflect my good mood, b/c it isn't supposed to be too happy.

Dedication to my awesome adopted sister, 8AnimexLover8! 

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Naruto.

WARNINGS: Two cuss words... a little bit of mental torture for Kimi...and a cute (but bittersweet) moment.

Italics are thinking.

Bold is shouting or something with emphasis.

Memories look like this (but there are none in this chapter).

And so poor Kimi-chan's mind gets effed with...~~

--

   The next morning, I wake up as normal. My eyes fly open, I stare at ceiling and wish my family wasn't dead or that I at least didn't remember anything about finding them dead. Then I close my eyes and swallow, trying to get rid of the bitter taste in my mouth after being disappointed severely. Lastly, I roll out of bed and move on. 

  At training, I get little progress in any field. Kakashi-sensei, obviously noting my barely concealed frustration, waves me over with a flick of his wrist. Sighing silently, I calmly approach him.

   "Hai, Kakashi-sensei?" I ask.

   He looks out across the field to look at Naruto and Sasuke. Sasuke was lazily fighting back against Naruto, but still winning. "You are distracted," he says slowly, like he's trying the words out. Unsure.

   "Yes," I agree, not even bothering to deny it. It was quite clear I wasn't focusing on training.

   "Why?" His eyes flicker back to mine.

   "I have recently revisited a specific memory involving my family," I speak plainly.

   "Ah," he comments, eyebrows raised. "I've made a command decision. I'll be teaching you a jutsu. But just the one."

   I nod, understanding his decision. We were in a tight predicament involving my training- we had just under five days until the start of the chunin exams. It was very unlikely I'd be able to perfect a jutsu by then, but we had to at least try. A basic understanding of genjutsu and my taijutsu skills wouldn't do me much good. If I could at least do the ninjutsu half assed, I'd likely be able to scrape myself through at least through to the prelim fights.

   "Okay. Be back at the training grounds at six o'clock-ish. Okay?" He asks, making sure I understand. I nod again. "Good. Now, go practice your aim."

   I nod again. "Hai, Kakashi-sensei." I don't bother to mention my aim was near perfect and didn't honestly need any work. If it would keep me busy, who was I to complain?

--

   "So, what did you call me here for, exactly?" I ask, not bothering to look up from the grass.

   Kakashi-sensei sits next to me. "That jutsu I mentioned before. It's extremely complicated, very hard and requires a lot of chakra and control and is a jutsu most jonin have problems doing. In other words, it'll be near impossible for you to get it  even in a couple of years, let alone five days. But I have faith in you, little Kimi-chan." He says all of this while doing one of those closed eye smiles that make me want to punch him in the face. His tone is so cheery-how could he spring this on me? Now?