Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Seth’s POV…

(The Red Wolf---------->)

I felt something cold and wet nudging my balls and I tried to close my legs but my thighs came into contact with soft warm fur and my eyes snapped open. I looked down to see two glowing blue orbs staring back at me. Carson’s huge white wolf was lying on his stomach fully ablaze in his iridescent blue aura and he was currently fascinated with my abdomen and groin. I giggled as he nuzzled me again, and then the events from the previous evening brought be crashing back to reality. I quickly closed my eyes and called my energy and I scanned my body. I saw nothing out of the ordinary and I breathed a sigh of relief. The last time I got pregnant, we knew almost immediately when I conceived the boys. Carson jumped up and the bed dipped under his tremendous weight and I couldn’t help but roll to the side and I almost fell off the mattress.

In a flash, the white wolf’s body shuddered and my nude mate was kneeling on the floor at the side of the bed grinning like a loon at me. “You are not pregnant.” He smiled as the stated the obvious.

“And for that you need to be eternally grateful, because if I was your life would have become a living misery.  Since I am not, I will let you off the hook seeing we were both responsible for not taking the time to use the proper precautions. I need to talk to Aaron though. I am happy not to be with child so soon after our boy’s births, but he was amandant that I would be if we ever had unprotected sex again.” I said as I sat up and ran my fingers through his midnight black tresses.

“I have spent half the morning reading your body my love and it seems you have cycles of fertility almost like a female but without the menstrual cycle.” He stated and immediately my face flushed bright red. He was basically telling me I ovulated like a woman...ugh. Carson chuckled and kissed the tip of my nose. I tried pushing him away but he pounced on me and pinned me to the bed with my arms above my head. He brought one muscular thigh in between my legs and I felt the tell tale twinge of desire as he pressed up against my balls.

“Carson.” I whined as I wiggled underneath him. We had just missed the proverbial bullet so to speak and here he was starting stuff again. The man had the ability to make me absolutely stupid with just one look much or less his touch. He ran his nose up the side of my neck and placed a kiss on my chin before he heaved himself from the bed and pulled me up with him.

“Time to begin the day. Nassine still refuses to say a word to anyone; the other Elders have been trying to interrogate her to see if she will confess before I get the chance to talk to her.” He stated as he walked over to the dresser and pulled clean clothes out of the drawer. I could feel my blood heating up; I hated those interfering old coots. They needed a good dose of reality. The Elders may be wise and all powerful and stuff, but their beliefs were becoming antiquated. They resented to new alliances between the species. They felt that they were diminished in the eyes of the pack with the addition of the Coven Ancients, and the Warlock Seers. And they all blamed me for it; to them I was the abomination that brought on all these changes. I had developed mind reading skills of my own as I adapted to sharing my mate’s powers and I saw way more than they thought I did.

“It’s not true, what they think and you know that. This was bound to happen. We were bound to happen. You were meant to come into my life and change it for the better. You have blessed me with three miraculous children and you have made me stronger.” My mate stated as he gathered me into his massive arms and I happily cuddled into his chest. I was where I was supposed to be but I felt like we had so much to contend with.