Chapter 1

Alex's POV

My alarm clock was beeping. I rolled around on the bed. I hit the snooze button. I was about to fall back asleep when my mom yelled. "ALEX! GET UP!" she yelled angrily.

Wait. Yelled? My mom only yells at me...

When she's drunk.

I got up and walked to the kitchen were my mom was sitting. "Mom?" I asked. "What" she said. "Are you drunk?" I asked. "I-I- y-yes" she said bursting into tears.

"What happened?" I asked. "Your dad...he's with another woman" she said. What! That son of a bi-

"Alex, can you take today off of school and go to the mall with me?" she asked interrupting my thoughts. "Uh. Sure" I said.

Wow. She must be really sad. I only stay home when I'm sick. I walked back upstairs to get ready to go to the mall. I grabbed my iPhone 5s off my dresser and saw a text from Katy.

Katy- you weren't outside when I got to your house. Had to leave to get to school. Sorry!

I text her back.

Me- it's ok. I'm taking today off of school. My mom wants me to go to the mall with her. She's really sad.

She replied in a flash.

Katy- what happened?

Me- my dad cheated on my mom. She was so sad she got drunk. You know my mom. She only gets drunk when she's super sad. Thanks a lot you stupid son of a bitch dad

Katy- he's a bitch for doing that. Your moms the best. Well I'll see you tomorrow at school. Ttyl

Me- bye. Ttyl

Katy is like my sister. My mom treats her as if she was her own daughter. And visa versa with Katy's mom.

I put my phone down and took off my clothes (my window was closed thank goodness. I've made that mistake before...lets just say a group of Boy Scouts saw me naked...).

I took a warm shower. I put my hair in a messy bun so my wet hair wouldn't get on my clothes. I put on a pair of denim light-washed shorts and my high school sweatshirt.

...Even though I'm in college now.

I took my hair out of the bun and dried it. Then I straightened my hair. I braided my long brown hair loosely and put it to my right side.

I applied a little makeup. Enough I make me look better, but you couldn't tell I was wearing makeup. I put my black converse on and checked my full length mirror to see if I was finished.

Done! I grabbed my phone and slid it into my sweatshirt pocket.

I walked downstairs to see my mom waiting in the car. I walked out to the car and got in the front seat.

"You look nice" she said. "Just my usual sweatshirt mom" I said smiling at her.

"I love you" she said to me. "I love you too" I said. We drive to the mom. My moms really stylish. She loves fashion. I on the other hand, don't really care for it.

I just want to look decent. I don't have that many things similar to my mom. Or my dad. Or ANY of my family members.

I'm ambidextrous. I can write with my left and right hand. All of my family members are right handed.

I have blue eyes. My mom has brown. My dad, brown. The only other family member with a different eye color besides brown is my little brother. He has green eyes.