Chapter 28: I Need You

4/30/2014

                                                        Chapter 28: I Need You (Not Edited)

NaKhia's POV: 

I laid wide awoke in the middle of the bed with Malcom sleep on one side and Mariah sleep on the other. Evan though i had my babies i was still lonely on the inside, I missed Messiah so much. For the past three months i've done nothing but think about him, wishing i could call him on the phone and hear his voice again, instead i just call and listen to the greeting on his voice mail and it brings comfort to my soul. The way we left things between us was not right, it was so unfinished he needed me and i had failed him again. True we had our ups and downs but our love was real and true, we were a family. All the choices i had made weren't for the better, they actually made things worst. my kids missed their father.

I looked down at Mariah and she was sucking on her thumb, she truly was a daddy's girl he would hold her for hours he even said her first smile was for him, i told him it was just gas. But she truly was smiling at him, Mariah has his smile but Malcom has his stubbornness and his eyes, when stare in them I cry. Messiah's words about Colton being a good man played over and over in my mind. True Colton is a good man, the best man any women could have in her life, but he wasn't my Messiah.  I just wish I wasn't in love with Siah, so his absence wouldn't hurt me so much.

Mikey had told me to stay in Houston and to let him handle everything but i had to go to L.A. but it was to late, i couldn't get in to see him he was already gone. We all make mistakes and we have to learn from them, my lesson is learned. You have to take care of family first and worry about everybody else later. This is my family and i need to keep us together.

~~~~~~~~

Stepping outside it felt good to have fresh air on my face, to have the sun shining giving me a brighter day and a fresh new start. I have to leave the past behind me and start new, if i hold on it will always hunt me. Ninety days is a long time to be kept in one place with nothing but your thoughts but i was able to get through it. With the help of God he saw me through all of it.

"Messiah, nigga get your ass in the car." Mikey yelled from the driver's side of my Bugatti, i owed it to him after all he did save my life. I sat on the couch thinking about Khia saying she still loved me, i pulled the trigger and nothing happened, i was still alive.

"You think i would leave a loaded gun in this house?" Mikey kicked the door and this time it cracked. "Messiah open the fucking door."

I released the clip and sure enough it was empty, all this was for nothing. I cried in my hands thinking about how stupid i just was, how i almost ended my life. What kind of father does that to his kids. "I need help Mikey."

"I know, just open the door and I will call and get it for you."

I walked over to the door and started moving everything out of the way. Opening the door Mikey took the gun and grabbed me and hugged me. "I'm sorry Mikey."

"We going to get you some help."  He took the gun and put it away by the time the emergency response team came. At first i wanted to change my mind but the thought of my family gave me the strength to check in. 

"Unless you want to go back in rehab for another 90 Days." Mikey continued talking.

I hurried up and ran to the car. "No. that food was awful." I starred out the window as he drove and took in the sights. "Mikey have you heard from Khia?"  

"She's doing good. The kids are really growing man. Jen and her talk all the time." 

"I really miss them but, i got to get better before i see them again. I just need a little more time to better myself."