No Perfect Plan

You know, I seem to be reeeaaally good at wrighting death fics... I mean, I've killed off Zero, and this (nameless) child in this story :3 I'm useless -_-||| For a school project peoples!

__________________________________________________________________

I am running. There are explosions behind me. My parents are dead. There is no place for me to return to. Blood drips down my sleeve from a large gash on my forearm. My whole body hurts, but I cannot stop. There are people behind me. People who want me dead. Loud gunshots ring behind me, I tighten my grip around my dagger. I am scared. The horror of these events will never leave me.

I run faster, and the Japanese shout. "Tomare! Ima tomare! [Stop! Stop right now!]"

I can't understand them, but I have a vague idea of what they are saying. I pick up my speed, panting hard. The cut on my arm aches, and more blood drips out. It is red, like a rose. I duck into an alleyway and hopefully, they do not see me. I walk down the alleyway, and into an empty house. I search through the house for cloth and food.

Swinging open doors one by one, I pass a family of corpses, lying in the living room. The father is protecting to the mother and children even at their last minute. I sniff, lucky them. My eyes moisten up, and my vision blurs. Is it the effects of blood loss, or tears? I rip up a piece of cloth with the remaining strength I have. Wrapping the badly ripped cloth around my completely bloodied arm, I stand up.

I stumble and lean on the wall. I cannot stay in this place for long. I shake my head as if to rid myself of this thought. This place is safe; safe from the Japanese soldiers. They've been here, killed, and left. They won't be back. But a small part of my brain knows; they will be back. They will search for me, and kill me. I shouldn't have eavesdropped on them. I step out of the house, stomach growling loudly. I have to face them, let them kill me, and leave this world in peace.

I run to the harbour, I know they'll be there.

One of the soldiers sees me as I step out of the alleyway. They all recognize me. They know me as the boy who eavesdropped on their plan. Another soldier points, he yells at me in terrible Mandarin. "Join us, boy," he says, "Join us, and we will help you. You can work for us, we have food, water, shelter."

I stick my tongue out at him. I'd rather die than work with them. I turn to run again. I collide with a man, three times my size.

"Young boy," the man bellows, his Mandarin is not bad. "Join us, and we will spare you. Join us, and you can live in comfort."

Like the all the boys in the town, I smirk cheekily. I consider this offer, it sounds so tempting. There are not many who are offered this. Suddenly, an idea hits me. I will destroy them from within. I am an avenger. Even if I must take the devil’s fruit, I will avenge the fallen. I look at the man. "I'll join you," I say. I point my dagger at the man. "Let me join you." The large man smirks, it looks weird on him. “I am Takashi.” He ruffles my dirty, matted hair. "What is your name?"

"Xu Long," I say, "It means Xu dragon."

The smirk does not leave his face. “Good boy.”

We arrive at the base of the Japanese soldiers. I shudder at the sight of men so barbaric. The large man smiles at me and leads me into a building. There a beds, a shiver runs up my spine as I glance at them. The soldiers on the beds are muntified to no extent. They look dead, but they grin maniacally at me. There is no one my age. No boys like me. I wonder why they want me. The large man sits me on a stool and speaks to another man in a white coat. This is the doctor, no doubt about it.

He takes my arm and removes the cloth. The cloth is red, dripping with crimson liquid. It is soak with my blood. The doctor pokes my arm, and I flinch. He smiles at me and whispers. "It's ok, I was also offered this job." His Mandarin is perfect, he is definitely Chinese. It's nice to know that I have an ally, a fellow prisoner. “Chen,” He tells me, “Just call me Chen.” He puts a mysterious ointment on my cut, and it instantly feels better. He wraps proper bandages over it, and the blood seeps through almost immediately.