Calypso

It is said that there will be a time when a great and powerful Alpha shall grace the Werewolf World. Not many will know the Alpha’s true identity, and no-one knows whether the Alpha will be male or female. The Alpha will be very influential and they will be respected by all, royals and councils included. They will also be granted a soul mate that will love them until the end of time and share in their power. They will first go through trials and tribulations to test them, but should they succeed, they will stand tall as the rightful Alpha they are meant to be.

Throughout the centuries, children have been told the story of the great Alpha to come, and Alphas to be, have often wondered if they were the prophesised Alpha. Everyone knows the tale of the Great Alpha and most people have believed that the Great Alpha to be would be a man, and not a woman, which is exactly what Calypso Henriques had always been taught.

“Papa, why do you say the Great Alpha will be a man?” nine year old Calypso asked her father.

“Because cariño, women are vile creatures and fate would not grant such a big responsibility upon them,” Julio Henriques replied.

Julio Henriques was naturally a loving man, but he had his pure heart tarnished by an evil woman who tore it to shreds without a second thought. From that experience, came a cold man who only knew love for his daughter and no-one else, not even his pack. He became the most feared Alpha on the continent, but he would become a softie where his precious little girl was concerned.

“Papa, what is vile?” little Calypso asked her father.

“It is something you’re not my little princess. You are the most wonderful, innocent and purest angel in the whole entire world and papa loves you very much!” Julio replied, picking up his little girl and swinging her in the air in as she squealed in delight.

“I love you too papa!” little Calypso gave a toothy grin before kissing his cheek.

They never saw it coming, and they definitely weren’t prepared for it, but Julio knew that he had to get his baby girl to safety, no matter what. He somehow knew that she would have a great destiny, and he would die before letting anyone take that away from her.

Hiding her scent with the special formula that the healer of his pack had created, he hid his baby girl in one of the vents as the footsteps and snarls approached his door. By the time the door swung open, he’d successfully hidden his little girl and told her not to come out until everyone was gone. Scared to the bone, little Calypso could only nod and watch on silently from the vent as the man with the red robe came in with other men who had guns.

“Julio old friend! How have you been?” the man smirked at the Alpha.

“Frazier!” Julio spat.

“Is that the way to welcome an old friend?” Frazier asked dramatically.

“You are no friend of mine leech!” Julio growled.

“Now now Julio, how was I to know that she would break your heart?” Frazier asked nonchalantly.

“What do you want Frazier?” Julio asked impatiently.

“You know exactly what I want Julio,” Frazier replied, all signs of humour gone.

“I don’t have it!” Julio shrugged.

“I was afraid you were going to say that,” Frazier sneered.

Little Calypso watched the horrific scene before her as her father was shot in the chest with a silver bullet. Being a werewolf, the silver would kill him in minutes. The man with the red robe retreated with the other men and little Calypso waited until she couldn’t hear anything anymore. She stepped out of the vent, running over to her father, who was barely breathing.

“Papa!” she sobbed, holding onto his hand.

“Princess, I want you to never take this off and protect it with your life. I want you to run away from here and never come back. Go and live your life and remember that I will always love you,” Julio managed to say before taking his final breath.

Like she’d seen on TV, little Calypso knew that her father was dead. She closed his eyes with her one hand, while her other hand stayed on the pendant around her neck. It was a gold wolf with sapphire stone eyes, much like hers. It was what her father had told her never to take off, and she would live up to that promise.

 **********

Hey lovely ladies and gents! So, this is my new werewolf story. As you may or may not have noticed, it's about a girl named Calypso! So like please give it a chance? It would mean the world to me if you did.

Please vote and comment! Tell me what you think! This is only the prologue and I'll have the first chapter up by Friday hopefully. For now, please just tell me what you think!

Love you guys!

Katee (^^,)